NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: who was on top right of Whitehorse?  (Read 182 times)

Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
who was on top right of Whitehorse?
« on: October 20, 2002, 06:36:07 PM »

I took a bike ride Sunday evening before dusk & was up next to Whitehorse by Bouchard's old cabin site. I was surprised to see someone on the far right side of the tree ledge to the right of the belay above Lunch Ledge, on Standard Route. I thought I was the only person who had wandered around up in that area. well not really, but it's pretty rare since you really can't get off that way. it looked like the leader was at the top of the cliff & the belayer was at the right of the ledge. leader was wearing a yellow/orange jacket. hope they made it off OK.

interestingly enough I soloed my way up through those slabs one day about 4 years ago & spotted an old 1/4" bolt with an aluminium hanger on it. just goes to show that folks have done stuff everywhere in this area! <grin>

just curious if it was one of you folks??

Al Hospers

web hosting, design and software programming:
 http://www.cambersoft.com

Bueno Puno

Re: who was on top right of Whitehorse?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2002, 07:45:10 AM »

It was me.  Puno - putting up a new route - possibly the hardest aid line in the world.  I down solo hooked the entire slab and the route anme is now called Screamers for Jesus.  New Wave A-10 M-20 5.18e.  I dont think it will be repeated.

Bueno Puno

Re: who was on top right of Whitehorse?
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2002, 05:05:37 AM »

This guy is a  t o t a l  punter.  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 22 queries.