General > Events & Announcements

TOP OF CATHEDRAL LEDGE - 1 HOUR PARKING ONLY!!!!

(1/1)

Admin Al:
HEADS UP CLIMBERS ON CATHEDRAL LEDGE!!!!

I just received notice that the parking situation at the top of the cliff in the roundabout has been posted as 1 HOUR PARKING ONLY by the State. Phil, the Echo Lake State Park Ranger has been running off the climbers parking up there. IME, Friends Of The Ledges and others are trying to get this resolved, but in the meantime PLEASE park on the side of the road BELOW the toilet and pull fully off the road.

At this time I don't know any more about this than what you see here. However, if you see Eric Nelson or Phil, please express your displeasure - in a respectful manner!!! Thank you for your consideration. 

NEAlpineStart:

--- Quote from: Admin Al on July 14, 2017, 11:18:31 AM ---...However, if you see Eric Nelson or Phil, please express your displeasure - in a respectful manner!!! Thank you for your consideration.

--- End quote ---

Al I'm not sure why this should really displease climbers? Not a big deal to park 100 feet down the road if having a top-cliff crag session is it?

CarpeLiam:
It seems irresponsible to me to park along the side of the road when there is a permanent parking lot at the top. I've never seen that area completely full. Looking at the base of cathedral and west side rd. by Diana's baths I worry about the same erosion and widening happening. I still park at the top.

NEAlpineStart:
I'll guess I agree it seems like there wasn't really an issue up there so I guess I am slightly displeased signs went up without any real impact research done... seemed a non-issue.

"Signs signs everywhere are signs"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version