Author Topic: Cathedral ledge-second pitch of goofers delight rock climb  (Read 360 times)

Offline JoeC

• NEClimbs Senior Member
Cathedral ledge-second pitch of goofers delight rock climb
« on: August 11, 2017, 10:00:30 AM »
Second pitch of goofers delight has been cleaned.  Rap to the belay anchor for tabu (which was replaced last fall).  As per Jerry's book: traverse out right in the crack until a corner.  Finish up the corner. (5.8 )  As per Ed's book, continue following the crack out right to the top of the cliff. (5.6)  If doing Eds version, the crack/flake does flex near the top.  Expect some lichen/dirt, but will clean up eventually.  Should be a nice and easier option on the top of the buttress.  The  newly cleaned lined is obvious from the lookout as well as the picnic table.  Have at it.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 06:04:19 PM by JoeC »

Offline Jeff

• NEClimbs God
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Re: Cathedral ledge-second pitch of goofers delight rock climb
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 10:22:26 AM »
Nice--thanks for the effort!

Offline Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2017, 11:29:16 AM »
very cool Joe. thanks for your work. I'll have to get up there & give it a shot. I love the rock up there and I love me some 5.fun!
Al Hospers

Offline JoeC

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2017, 12:33:21 PM »
Too bad the corner isnt longer, otherwise it would be classic.  As for the crack super awesome position with some fun climbing at an easy grade.  It may need some more scrubbing but it should be climbable.  Id like to get the first pitch scrubbed as well.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 06:02:37 PM by JoeC »

Offline JoeC

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2017, 09:12:52 AM »
Climbed the second pitch last night.  I would guess it hasnt been climbed for a long time.  Climbs great.  Awesome rock in a cool position with a cool exit move into the notch where tourist treat tops out.  Well protected the whole way and 5.fun!