Author Topic: Alternative Attitash Crag Approach?  (Read 233 times)

Offline BrianRI

• NEClimbs Newbie
Alternative Attitash Crag Approach?
« on: September 12, 2017, 09:34:45 AM »
Does anyone ever approach Attitash crag in cold weather/high water by parking at the end of Rick's Road and walking north along the river?  Easy?  Bushwhack?

Offline NEAlpineStart

• NEClimbs God
    • Northeast Alpine Start
Re: Alternative Attitash Crag Approach?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 02:40:36 PM »
I've never done that but CalTopo says it's only about .5 miles from the end of Rick's Road... when you switch to satellite you can see a turn-around at the end, and what appears to be some camps. I've never driven to the end of that road but I wouldn't be surprised if it is posted as private back there... USGS map makes it look like that could be private property and not National Forest.

On the plus side river is typically really low from here to winter so you can easily cross in calf deep or shallower water... 

Offline Jeff

• NEClimbs God
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 09:57:53 AM »
 There are definitely No Trespassing signs and a house at the end of "Rick's Road", and the landowner (Rick Garland, I believe)  has NOT been hospitable to friends who have asked to continue past them to gain access to the crag. Perhaps others will elucidate.

Offline BrianRI

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 11:54:24 AM »
Thanks.  That is what I was looking for.

Offline Ducayet

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2017, 08:03:42 PM »
I was at the crag yesterday - didn't have cross any water deeper than 1/2 way up my shins.