NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Poison Ivy  (Read 158 times)

trad_doc

• NEClimbs Junior Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Poison Ivy
« on: October 19, 2004, 02:59:52 PM »

I used to be able to wade through poison ivy and never get it.  Now I get it bad if I so much as look at it.  As a result, I have a crazy paranoia about the stuff and will happily bushwack through thorns to avoid it on an approach hike.  Unfortunately, sometimes it's out of your hands.  Woke up two weeks ago with a rash that can only be the dread ivy.  I know I haven't seen it, been near it, or touched it.  Where the hell did it come from?  Best guess is that my dog did a happy dance in an ivy patch and I managed to get it in one of our wrestling matches.  Tried the usual remedies, hydrocortosone, benadryl, blah, blah.  No effect and the rash turned to boils and itched to insanity.  Friend recommended this Zanfel stuff.  At $30 a tube I figured it had to do something!  Put it on three times in 24 hours and rash/boils almost gone and itch gone.  I'm definitely impressed.  Tradmanclimbs and Sheclimbs will be stoked to know that it's even safe for use on those down below regions that can be affected by the selection of inappropriate wiping materials!   ;D

scottie_c

• NEClimbs Full Member
Re: Poison Ivy
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2004, 08:06:28 AM »

for severe cases, a practice is to break open the blisters and pour bleach on the open flesh which dries the rash. Zanfeld is also effective for real severe cases of poison ivy, which is how I discovered it.

om

• NEClimbs Full Member
Re: Poison Ivy
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2004, 09:50:41 AM »

I used Zanfeld couple times now without much of noticeable effect. Glad it works for some of us!
Sounds like the damn thing is in the air since i got it couple weeks ago without touching or being even close. Anyway,  the only thing that helps me is hot water poured on the effected area. You get 2-3 hours of peace before you have to do it again.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2004, 11:23:29 AM by om »
-om
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.213 seconds with 22 queries.