Author Topic: Humphrey's- Let them eat cake?  (Read 310 times)

Offline danf

• NEClimbs Senior Member
Humphrey's- Let them eat cake?
« on: October 01, 2017, 08:22:30 PM »
Looking at MP, there seems to be some confusion as to what the climb is to the right of As Easy As Instant Pudding Pie.  Wondering if anyone could clear it up for sure.... Is it definitely Let Them Eat Cake, and what is the consensus grade on it?  I also didn't do any exploring above the anchor- is there a second pitch or more above?

We climbed it today, I tightened the 4th bolt quite a bit before I clipped it.  It's top rope-able with a 60m, but barely, if you are on the same ledge/level as the start of Pudding Pie.  If anyone plans on TRing it, I would highly suggest a short length of static rope or several slings to extend the anchor over the edge of the ledge below the anchors.  Definitely a fun climb that probably deserves more traffic than it obviously gets.

Offline David_G48

• NEClimbs Senior Member
Re: Humphrey's- Let them eat cake?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 12:20:52 PM »
If you are talking about the route that is climbers right of Easy as Instant Pudding Pie and starts on slab, eventually ending up on a 4' ledge with bolted anchors it is called Retread 5.7+ put up by George Hurley August 2014. I believe that there are 4 bolts not counting the anchor. It starts slightly up and right of Easy as Instant Pudding Pie on a flat rock with a tree behind it as the first place to belay and it is about 100' long. There is no second pitch but you can continue up to the belay tree at the start of the 2nd pitch of Cake Walk.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 12:23:16 PM by David_G48 »

Offline danf

• NEClimbs Senior Member
Re: Humphrey's- Let them eat cake?
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2017, 09:24:48 AM »
That would be the route.  I thought it felt a little bit harder than the 5.5 listed as the first pitch of Let Them Eat Cake in both the Handren Guide and MP.

Thanks.