Author Topic: Quiver of one shoe  (Read 521 times)

Offline ToddSH

• NEClimbs Junior Member
Quiver of one shoe
« on: October 03, 2017, 10:33:21 AM »
I am looking for a comfortable high performance shoe that I can wear all day.  I currently use La sportiva muiras and 5.10 anasazi velcro.  I have had both for a long time ( multiple resoles ).   I would like to have a shoe that climbs like the muira, is comfortable and I don't have to take them off at every belay.   
I appreciate any suggestions.  I want the shoe to do everything, cracks, slabs steep, edges. 
Does it exist?

Thank you,
Todd

Offline The other tomcat

• NEClimbs God
Re: Quiver of one shoe
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2017, 05:38:40 PM »
I just got bigger Muiras and it solved that whole thing.
Tom Stryker

Offline BrianP

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 07:35:17 PM »
I used to have Muiras and switched to TC Pros, very happy with the switch. Was using a 40.5 Muira and now my all around TC Pro pair is a 41.5.

HangingChad

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2017, 07:40:54 PM »
A quiver of one shoe doesn't work for me.  I use 3 different shoes depending on what I am climbing...but:

I recently bought a pair of La Sportiva Kataki, and I have been very impressed with the all around performance.  I have tried the TC Pro over and over again and it just doesn't fit my foot and feels like I am climbing in boots.  The Kataki provides a slight downturn and is comfortable enough for leaving on for multiple pitches.  My foot is a bit wide so I couldn't leave it on all day, but it is quite comfortable.