Author Topic: Ice Climbing 2017-18 - Full-time Partners (NH)?  (Read 350 times)

Offline TheVanguard

• NEClimbs Newbie
Ice Climbing 2017-18 - Full-time Partners (NH)?
« on: November 01, 2017, 09:56:13 AM »
Long time lurker, first time poster.

So, I took an ice climbing class in February, and have been looking forward to the first full season since! I've been poring over material on mountaineering and ice climbing in the interim, and am ready to really get after it, full-time this winter. Anyone from NH, or thereabouts, looking for a dedicated partner this season? Looking to network, ask questions, and get things lined up for day one.

Offline Mmccullough

• NEClimbs Newbie
Re: Ice Climbing 2017-18 - Full-time Partners (NH)?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2017, 10:01:23 PM »
I am fairly new to rock climbing, within the last two years. Have done a good amount of top roping, some repelling, and some leading. No multi pitch. Last winter I also got into some ice climbing, not anything to big but 20 foot waterfalls just scrambling up. I am looking for a partner to practice and learn with for this winter. Will have time almost every weekend this winter. I have climbing boots, crampons, picks, and a 60m dry rope. I'm not sure if you are planning to top rope in ice or lead it, I have never used ice protection, but am more than willing to learn to push myself further.

Offline TheVanguard

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2017, 01:49:20 PM »
My situation is fairly unusual - I've bouldered twice and climbed ice once. Otherwise, no climbing experience. My plan this winter is to top-rope heavily (minimum 150 pitches, a la Gadd) for the first half of the season, as well as follow some WI2 slabs and gullies. Then, in the second half of the season, I'd like to start following WI3/WI4 and (hopefully) start leading what I think is safe and reasonable. First season really climbing, so it's all about safety and systems, rather than ticking boxes. At least for the first season!  ;D

Also, mainly looking to climb on the weekdays. I'll get out at every opportunity on the weekends, but am currently tied up on Saturdays and Sundays. Feel free to PM for personal details, so we can keep in touch. I'll be out there.

Offline jmprice27

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2017, 05:06:38 PM »
Hey, I'm pretty much in the same boat: started on ice last year, looking for a regular partner on weekends in NH.  Looking to progress from top-roping to some easier alpine climbs this season.  My schedule is flexible/free Fridays-Sundays until late January, then I'm free Fridays-Mondays and I'm planning on getting out every weekend.  I have all equipment, screws, and rope.

Pm me if you want to get in touch!

Offline jzonfrillo

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2017, 08:06:14 AM »
Hi, I am also new to ice climbing, I took a class last season, looking to take another this month then some clinics at Icefest, looking for similar partner for some Top-rope and easier climbs and some Alpine climbing to build knowledge and confidence. I live in Southern NH and can climb most Mon/Tues and some weekends. PM if interested.