Author Topic: Is anyone climbing anything at this time of year?!  (Read 272 times)

Offline NP227

• NEClimbs Newbie
Is anyone climbing anything at this time of year?!
« on: November 08, 2017, 06:51:50 PM »
Iím stopping by in the area around North Conway end of next week and currently just planning to entertain myself. But the rock looks so beautiful so if anyone fancies a partner on some low grade fun trad then let me know!
But maybe too cold and I may be exposing my ignorance of the area here! Looks like almost in to ice/mixed time? But that kitís probably too much for the plane!
Done quite a bit of leading/ following easy trad in the uk and a bit in the sierras.

Offline NEAlpineStart

• NEClimbs God
    • Northeast Alpine Start
Re: Is anyone climbing anything at this time of year?!
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 04:05:52 PM »
Still plenty of rock climbing to be had especially on our sunnier south facing lower elevation crags (Humphrey's Ledge, South Buttress of Whitehorse, Barber Wall at Cathedral Ledge) are all excellent this time of year. We've been unseasonable warm until our first arctic cold front coming through this weekend but things may warm back up and no ice has been climbed yet (might change this weekend but it will be thin and desperate, definitely not worth flying here with ice gear)... Hopefully you can find a partner here, also try Northeast Region forum over at www.mountainproject.com. Good luck and enjoy your visit!

Offline NP227

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2017, 01:22:01 PM »
Thanks so much really helpful! Thin sketchy ice doesnít sound much fun!
Iíll continue asking around elsewhere then  :)

Offline Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2017, 08:25:40 PM »
The Black Dike has been climbed the past 2 days, Pinnacle Gully was climbed today and Jon Sykes climbed a slide on the east side of Franconia Notch today.
Al Hospers