Author Topic: Large groups  (Read 416 times)

Offline ClimbHumble

• NEClimbs Newbie
Large groups
« on: December 24, 2017, 10:03:25 pm »
Can someone please let me know acceptable ethics on climbing groups? Looking to possibly get out with a college outdoor club group in late January - location is tbd, but most likely north end cathedral. I know that place is known as a typical circus anyway, but it would likely be around 10 people. Im thinking we can keep the groups well contained and respectful with volume and stuff not being everywhere to prevent any issues for other climbers in that respect, and wed probably set up 2 TR climbs and interchange groups between climbs to prevent boredom for the participants. Should we let Guiding companies know or just post here when we pick a date and location? We wont be in the way of any serious climbers in this area but dont want to piss anyone off...

Offline NEAlpineStart

• NEClimbs God
    • Northeast Alpine Start
Re: Large groups
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2017, 11:25:05 pm »
North End is well known for large groups from guided to clubs. Posting here and on NEIce would be more than considerate once you have a date nailed down but that doesnt mean any number of parties might get there with 20 people just before your group and claim the area. Start early and/or have a backup plan. Texaco and Champney come to mind. Weekends at the North End are just bound to be crowded.

Offline ClimbHumble

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2017, 03:42:01 pm »
Thanks man - well get a date nailed soon for convenience and courtesy for others, and well arrove as early as possible. Our goal is not to bother anyone and we know ethics and manners make a big difference with enjoyable days when things get crowded.

Offline Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2017, 09:37:35 am »
FWIW another place that works well for groups is the Barking Dog crag, just north of Black Pudding. Parking could be an issue, but if it's IN, it could be a good option.
Al Hospers