Author Topic: Rock Climbs near Texaco Slab / Embargo?  (Read 326 times)

Offline RjBlake

• NEClimbs Newbie
Rock Climbs near Texaco Slab / Embargo?
« on: June 20, 2018, 11:16:23 am »
While wandering around looking for Embargo this winter I accidentally explored some of the other cliff bands on Mt Crawford. I was curious to know if there is any recorded history of rock routes up there. We ran into a party who suggested there might be some old Handren routes. It would be cool to know the history. (Specifically: the cliff bands left of Texaco slab, and the cliff bands above Texaco slab to the right of the gully that forms the last pitch of Embargo).

Only picture I managed to take was of this overhanging corner left of Texaco slabs. Seemed like it might be a thing.

Offline DGoguen

• NEClimbs Senior Member
Re: Rock Climbs near Texaco Slab / Embargo?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2018, 09:15:51 pm »
While wandering around looking for Embargo this winter I accidentally explored some of the other cliff bands on Mt Crawford. I was curious to know if there is any recorded history of rock routes up there. We ran into a party who suggested there might be some old Handren routes. It would be cool to know the history. (Specifically: the cliff bands left of Texaco slab, and the cliff bands above Texaco slab to the right of the gully that forms the last pitch of Embargo).
Webster's first edition lists a couple of climbs at the Texaco area. The second edition lists climbs at Texaco and the missing wall up and left of Texaco. It's not in the Third (east edition).

« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 09:19:06 pm by DGoguen »
Don't Climb

Offline RjBlake

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2018, 10:11:34 am »
Thanks for the reply.  I just realized it is actually in the Sykes "Notches" guidebook.  I think the pictured corner may be "Sweet New England"

Offline klamhattenamin

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2018, 12:10:26 pm »
Websters first and second edition has them covered. If you don't have them I can send you copies of the pages...
Christopher

Offline Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2018, 08:49:15 pm »
I think the pictured corner may be "Sweet New England"

yes, I think that's right.
Al Hospers