Author Topic: Pawtuckaway? How is Round Pond Rd coming in from the north from Deerfield Rd?  (Read 232 times)

Offline getagrip

• NEClimbs Newbie
I have never entered Pawtuckaway from the north and would like to know if the road is passable with a low car.
Also, can you drive in all the way to the pond?

Offline Climber57r

• NEClimbs Full Member
The gate on that side is never open and would be a rough pass with a car if it ever was. There is a large parking lot there used all year for those who decide to hike in, about a 15 minute walk to round pond (This lot is known as "Horse Farm Parking"). Going in on reservation road and following the signs for round pond is the best option this time of season. The road is in pretty decent shape and you can drive to the pond until first snow, in which the gate is then closed. At that point everyone hikes in from the above parking area. Enjoy.
Good times. Good climbs. Get out there, get after it, and most of all enjoy it.

"A not neat knot, is a knot not needed"

Offline getagrip

• NEClimbs Newbie
Climber57r, Thank you very much for the good info. In my past experience driving in, the road was rough and flooded in spots. So I was wondering about any alternate ways. Perhaps the conditions vary depending on the season. I'll have to give it another try.  Thanks, Be well

Offline klamhattenamin

• NEClimbs Newbie
Back in the day you might have been able to drive in from Deerfield Rd, but time and the weather have taken its toll on this section of road, plus the gate.  The roads coming in from Reservation Rd have been repaired to the point that they won't flood. Also its only a mile walk in from the parking lot, on Deerfield Rd.
Christopher

Offline getagrip

• NEClimbs Newbie
I appreciate the good info which helps me to know what to expect before I take the hour drive there. Pway has always been on my favorite places list and I surmise that its secluded location and limited access has preserved its distinctive natural attraction.