NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: camber  (Read 367 times)

xmikeyx

• NEClimbs Junior Member
  • The Patron Saint of Engineering
camber
« on: October 21, 2002, 07:01:14 AM »

hey everyone...i'm just looking for some info on camber up on the airation butress...i've scoped the route out before and it looks stellar but i'm wondering about the protection. is it mixed bolts and gear? are the bolts ancient? if i blow the crux am i gonna take a huge ride? things like that... :)

thanks,
mikey
Climb hard, climb smart or fall...That's all there is to it.

jay conway

Re: camber
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2002, 08:37:17 AM »

Hey Mike how you doing? Camber is a rad route one of my favorites. You can do it 3 ways. 1) traverse left and start as for tourist treat clip the first few bolts (easy 5.10) then after you clip a few traverse right into the camber bolts. 2) Go straight up from the saigon belay clip the bolt and keep going straight up 5.9R. 3) Go straight up from the saigon belay clip the first bolt and then traverse left into the tourtist treat bolts probably 5.8R but not that bad. Then clip a few tourist treat bolts and traverse back into camber.  I usually do it the last way i said. The route is sweet the bolts seem solid. and if you blew it at the crux you would get some air but you wouldn't get hurt. Have Fun
Jay
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 22 queries.