Author Topic: Piss  (Read 1200 times)

Offline PG

• NEClimbs Junior Member
Piss
« on: February 21, 2019, 10:56:07 AM »
Ya,piss ! I went out to Champney falls last Sunday with friends to do a little ice climbing. The trail was packed pretty well, the parking lot was full. As I hiked in I noticed right from th start there was quite a few spots of yellow snow. This continued for most of the way. It's not like the people walked a few feet off the snow pack, it was as if they were standing on the snow pack and peeing there. On my way back to the car there had to be at least twice as much yellow snow. Pretty gross. Enough to mention here. I can honestly say it probably was not from the climbers or people's dogs because there were no more than 6 or 8 people climbing there at any given time. Now I know if you have to go, there is a way to go with a little regard to others. As much as I don't like looking at yellow snow I don't think others would enjoy looking at my pee. What I do is step off the packed snow, make a boot hole, pee in it and cover it over with fresh snow and pack it. Though this will show eventually it will be less offensive now and probably less offensive later. It just bothers me to see how inconsiderate people are getting. How it's all about themselves. Take a pristine area and turn it into a piss covered trail.

PG

Offline Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
Re: Piss
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2019, 09:13:32 AM »
Hey PG -

I COMPLETELY and TOTALLY agree with you. I wrote about this in a Report a few weeks ago and keep mentioning it both here and on line. I've noticed the same thing when out riding on my fat tire bike. It's gotten crazy. I have seen piss yellow right by the start of Standard Route, at the tracks where everyone leaves their packs, at the base of the Hobbit Gully, right by the start of the Lucille's Trail at the Marshall Conservation and even right at the Muzzy Bench. I simply don't get it.

Al
Al Hospers

Offline PG

• NEClimbs Junior Member
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2019, 03:00:14 PM »
Thanks Al, I was starting to think that I was the only person that felt that way. Seems like this next generation accepts this as OK behavior. No respect for the next person that has to look at it. Maybe when some of these people trip and fall in some else's yellow snow they will begin to understand what we are talking about.
Like Like x 1 View List

Offline NEAlpineStart

• NEClimbs God
    • Northeast Alpine Start
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2019, 12:23:17 PM »
I can see how some places it can get a little out of control. The tracks at Standard Route are probably the best example. I'm thinking outside the box here but how about hammering in a wooden "pee stake" in a spot a little bit away from where we all crampon up... put a little cheesy sign on it, mention it at the start of next season, and see if we can't slowly change what has become natural behavior.

Reminds me of a urinal study where they painted a crosshair or fake fly inside the urinal... overnight the bathrooms were a lot easier to clean as males were focused in their aiming LOL

2-3 inches of rain this weekend should really help wash away this problem

Offline perswig

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2019, 09:53:38 AM »
Field urinal.
Find a few suitable locations, bootpack a trail, and sink a length of PVC.  Re-seat as required for changing snowpack depth.
Usually cut the deep end angled to help driving, probably not needed for winter use.  Bundle and cache end of season.

For distaff compatibility, hang a SheWee or GoGirl nearby.

You're welcome!
Dale
If it's overhanging, I'm probably off-route.

Offline perswig

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2019, 06:41:22 AM »
Oh, and pro tip:  don't google 'piss tube'.

At least not at work.
Dale
If it's overhanging, I'm probably off-route.

Offline NEAlpineStart

• NEClimbs God
    • Northeast Alpine Start
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2019, 02:44:22 PM »
Oh, and pro tip:  don't google 'piss tube'.

At least not at work.
Dale

NSFW warning LOL