Author Topic: AT Ski boot for wide foot?  (Read 115 times)

Offline dgkula

• NEClimbs Newbie
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • RC.com Profile
AT Ski boot for wide foot?
« on: November 01, 2004, 05:41:59 AM »
Help! Ok, this is not a climbing question BUT ...

I have a EEE foot and bought a pair of Lowa Structura EVO GTX last year and had them fit (stretched, scraped) and custom footbeds made but they are still painful on my wider foot.

Anyone know of a wider AT boot?

Any advice?

Thx,
David

Offline MT

• NEClimbs Full Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: AT Ski boot for wide foot?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2004, 07:32:34 AM »
I've got the same problem. Not sure about the availability or the performance, but Garmot boots tend to be wider than most I've tried for tele.

Good luck!

Offline tradmanclimbz

• NEClimbs God
  • Nick Goldsmith
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2004, 07:59:21 AM »
I have fat feet. garmont telles fit me fine were the scarpas were way painfull. I doubt that the sizes run the same in a diferent model boot but it is worth a try.

Offline Schandy

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2004, 09:08:36 AM »
I have narrow feet and the garmonts work fine for me.  A lot depends on the type of liner.  I have the new garmont moldable liner, with aftermarket footbed and I have had 0 problems with narrow feet.  They traditionaly fit wider feet though.  Try to get a pair with the moldable liners, your feet will thank you.  I have the older GSM model of AT boot and a pair of GARAs for tele.  Both are great boots.  The GSM isn't as stiff or as responsive as I would like (race boots), but it tours well.  For really short tours I do use my stiff alpine boots if there will be some rowdy skiing.  Most AT boots are a compromise between performance and tourability, so I'd still call the GSM a good boot.