NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Carefully reasoned analysis of the red states  (Read 1227 times)

tlinehan

• NEClimbs Newbie
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Carefully reasoned analysis of the red states
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2004, 08:20:39 PM »

>>How come the democrats cannot connect with the rural folks. <<

There's an article in The Economist (last week's issue) that presents info suggesting that the country has, at least for the last 30 years, been steadily, if slowly, moving in the direction of the Republicans.  The Dems have issues that are broader than just the rural voters.

The posted URL contains some interesting arguments.  The packaging, however...  Maybe that's why they color those states "blue"?

Mountain_Man

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2004, 04:02:32 PM »

I guess you're all liberals, not there's anything wrong with that.  I notice you've been making fun of the majority who elected President Bush.  Don't you ever look in the mirror and wonder if you're totally out to lunch?

Perhaps you're suffering, unable to believe that the smart, successful, beautiful people like you didn't win.

Get over it, smug elite Marxists.  The country has had it with your ideas, and your efforts to scare people about the Republicans.

I could make some examples of the above, but I like pithy posts.  Please don't get upset, or call me names.  One, I only wanted to say something different then all of you, and two calling names is the only thing most liberals do.  It won't hurt my feelings.

If being called a liberal upsets you, why?  Why aren't you proud of yourself, alhough the country can't stand you.  The only way a Democrat is going to get elected is by running to the center,  Hillary is doing it already.

Gee this was fun.

Jim_Ewing

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2004, 05:34:25 AM »

I notice you've been making fun of the majority who elected President Bush.  Don't you ever look in the mirror and wonder if you're totally out to lunch?

51% may be a majority but only barely and is statistically not that much different from49%.  I wouldn't say I am that far out to lunch.

smug elite Marxists.

Huh? Name caller.  I am very far from a Marxist, just as far as I am from a fascist. http://educate-yourself.org/cn/fourteencharacteristicsfascism02nov04.shtml

...but I I could make some examples of the above,

Then why don't you?  The ----thesouth.com website had examples and well researched at that.

If being called a liberal upsets you, why?  Why aren't you proud of yourself, alhough the country can't stand you.

I am quite proud of myself as a liberal and like I said only 51% of the country (supposedly) can't stand me.  I can certainly live with that.  By the way if most of the people that visit this website are a fair representation of the climbing population in general then it stands to reason that you are hated by the majority of climbers.

Jim_Ewing

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2004, 05:46:03 AM »

Oh yeah, even if you were just trolling Mountain_Man, I think your post still deserved a response because people read this stuff and just might take you seriously.

df

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2004, 09:42:01 AM »

I'd be interested to see the f$%^the south.com tirade written in printable language, without the anger--that might make a few more believers.  
I think the point is that the democrats message, which is so unwelcome with the rural/agricultural/conservative crowd, is just an even-handed application of policies that already exist to support those areas--and no one wants to hear that, especially in that language.  

Jim_Ewing

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2004, 09:53:34 AM »

Well geez Dave,
If they don't want to hear it anyway then what's the harm in using the colorful language?  It certainly made it a lot more entertaining to me.
I suppose you're right though.  If it could change one person's view that would be a start.
But still, it was funny as hell and I laughed my f-----g a-- off.  It was kind of cathartic don't you think?

Screw it all anyway.  I'm on my way to CANMORE!!!!

Mountain_Man

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2004, 09:26:45 PM »

Hey have a good time at Canmore.  Awesome place.

So you're a liberal.  Woopee.  You'll never win another Presidential election without pretending to be a centrist.

Gnash your teeth, but that's pretty good evidence that the country can't stand liberals, who hate their country, and use every opportunity to blame it for every wrong in the universe.

So blame the messenger, but somebody had to counter the sickeningly sweet liberal back rubbing on this forum.  Not that there's anything wrong with it.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2004, 09:27:40 PM by Mountain_Man »

Jim_Ewing

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2004, 09:56:00 AM »

Mountain Man,
I have to say I am deeply insulted that you would suggest that I hate my country.  In fact I am far from hating my country and I'm sure you would find that the vast majority of liberals love this country.  What they hate is what this country is becoming.  I am proud as hell to be an American but I am down right disgusted with the current regime.
You've said a couple times that this country can't stand liberals.  I wouldn't say that 51% is the whole country and when you take into account the number of swing voters from the middle and any other moderates plus those that didn't vote you lose your 51% and are now well below the majority.
C'mon, quit spouting the party line, stop drinking the cool-aid, inform yourself, seek out the facts, get your news from multiple sources not just from one side and form your own opinion.
I considered myself a moderate for most of my life and have not yet been affiliated with any political party.  In the past 4 years I have re-examined my political philosophies and have now migrated hard to the Left (right) hoping that if more people lean to the left maybe this boat will rock back to an even keel.
If you really think the Right (wrong) is right then I challenge you to check out the links on the f----thesouth.com site and find any untruth.  While you,re at it you should look up the definitions of liberal and conservative and see if those actually fit today,s political labels.

"Descent is the highest form of patriotism" - Thomas Jefferson

the_other_andy

• NEClimbs Full Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2004, 04:00:35 PM »

Jim, I did'nt think you liked to ski. Is the place even open yet, can't be much snow on it.

Jim_Ewing

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2004, 05:17:40 PM »

Sorry Andy - 'dissent'.  Guess I was thinking too much about rappeling, like I do when I chip and place bolts.

Jim_Ewing

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2004, 05:20:23 PM »

DAMN!  That's 'rappelling'!  

Hewked on foniks wirks for me!

Jim_Ewing

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2004, 05:37:55 PM »

Oh yeah, I almost forgot; you did well to pick up on my mistake.  You must be very proud to have such good English.  What language do they speak in the UK anyway?

DLottmann

« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2004, 05:55:50 PM »

Jim, I did'nt think you liked to ski.

LOL... it's "didn't" not "did'nt".
« Last Edit: December 01, 2004, 05:57:35 PM by DLottmann »

Jim_Ewing

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2004, 03:51:50 AM »

So apparently English is not the first language of the UK.  Oh the ironing! ;)

That is just too damn funny.  Good catch Dave.

Mountain_Man

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2004, 05:32:01 AM »

Not to argue, I'm sure you're a fine person.

But liberals engage in distortions and half truths, and it's taken the country a long time to see through their lies.  One such lie is that all Republican Presidents are stupid.  Another is that Jimmy Carter is a great man.

So when you're using the same assertions (saying "you're misinformed, ignorant") I have to assume you're a liberal.

If you're not, then how can you stand the company on the "hard left"  They certainly hate their country, because they support our enemies every change they get.  They whine about the ignorant voters to explain their defeat, just like you did.  So it's hard to see you as any different.

Maybe if there was any evidence of loving your country, there wouldn't be this confusion.

On a lighter note, ice ice baby!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2004, 05:33:01 AM by Mountain_Man »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.205 seconds with 22 queries.