NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: browsers  (Read 148 times)

Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
browsers
« on: November 19, 2004, 04:48:28 AM »

poking around in my stat logs last night I can see that most folks are still using MS Internet Explorer for their browser. some have updated to 6, some still using older versions. I moved away from IE to Mozilla some time ago for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is IE'ss lack of security. there are definitely better choices out there, whether you are running a Mac or PC. the new version of Firefox is really quite nice. it's small, very fast, compatible with everything and seems to render every web page I can throw at it. you can set it to disable popup windows and get rid of all those pesky ads and it doesn't seem to have the hooks into the operating system that make IE such a security nightmare. it imports all your favorites and bookmarks as well so I didn't even really knotice that there was a change, other than how fast it is! and of course, best of all it's free!

Here's what Walt Mossberg says-

"The wait is over. Get Firefox 1.0, the faster, better web browser. Now available in 23 languages, for Windows, MacOS X and Linux. I suggest dumping Microsoft's Internet Explorer

— Walt Mossberg, Wall Street Journal.

you can get more info and download a copy from here:

http://www.mozilla.org/

Al
Al Hospers

web hosting, design and software programming:
 http://www.cambersoft.com

T_Moon

• NEClimbs Senior Member
Re: browsers
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2004, 12:17:40 PM »

Get Mozilla you guys!  What are you waiting for?  IE sucks!
If you want to get to the peak, you ought to climb without giving it too much thought.

--Nietzsche

Bill

• NEClimbs Full Member
  • It's All Good, Just Climb!
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2004, 11:06:21 AM »

Al,

Thanks for the nudge regarding Mozilla.  My son has been using for awhile and has recommended that I switch to it several times.  However not being overwhelmingly computer savvy I hesitated to do so.  However, the last "upgrade" to IE resulted in several problems in viewing web pages.  Seeing your comment prompted me to take action and I downloaded Mozilla this morning.  The installation was very smooth and all my favorites and bookmarks were transitioned without a problem.  Thus far it is really working well and is a definite improvement over IE.

Bill

Schandy

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2004, 06:31:41 PM »

Another vote for firefox!!!
Microshaft and the evil empire leave my computer...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 23 queries.