NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tucks update  (Read 133 times)

Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
Tucks update
« on: November 02, 2002, 11:13:25 AM »

just got back from a hike up to Tucks this AM with Dogboy. the temp at Hermit Lake was a balmy 8 degrees and the wind was in the 40-80 range. it was really brutal. several parties bailed before us but we went all the way up to the bulges. it was just too windy to climb and you really couldn't see anything so we came down. couldn't even get a picture. <sigh>

still there are clearly several lines to do when the conditions are better. hope to get back up there next week.

Al
Al Hospers

web hosting, design and software programming:
 http://www.cambersoft.com

dogboy

• NEClimbs God
  • What?
Re: Tucks update
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2002, 05:58:12 AM »

Hey Al and all-
  I got back up on Sunday with my girlfriend.  One of the best days I've ever had in the bowl!  No clouds anywhere, no wind, temps in the 20's but sunny...and the ice!  There is more ice up there than I could believe.  We did 2 1/2 full pitches of ice in the 3-3+ range, and it took screws the whole way.  There were a lot of people on the headwall, but there are dozens of lines...and some of the harder stuff in the 4 range haven't even been climbed yet.  If the conditions in Tuck's are any indication, it's gonna be a great ice season!  I'm gonna be up there next weekend!
Everybody wants to go to heaven, but no one wants to die.

alex

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2002, 07:51:19 AM »

hey, were you the people to the left of us who continued up when we walked off? we were the two Russian guys...

awesome day indeed...can't believe it's november third...

dogboy

• NEClimbs God
  • What?
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2002, 08:58:51 AM »

I think that was us.  We were the couple climbing from right to left, I was wearing a green Wild Things vest and my girlfriend was wearing a pink Mountain Hardware goretex shell, white and red helmets respectively.  We went up for another pitch or so and then walked off to the left over into the snowfields.  We would have topped out, but it was getting cold in the shade and I, stupidly, had decided to leave my pack at the base of the climb instead of bringing it with me.  Phenomenal day, though...we started at 8:30 in the morning and got back to the car at 4:45 in the afternoon.  Unbelievable ice!

alex

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2002, 09:29:36 AM »

yep, i think that WAS you. You were saying something about a tricky bulge at the beginning of the first pitch, right?

The ice was amazingly good though...we managed to get screws in almost wherever they were needed. Actually we ended up not finding the descent trail and had to do 2 rappels which was probably unneccesary...oh well.

dogboy

• NEClimbs God
  • What?
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2002, 12:11:08 PM »

Yep, that was us...glad you had a good day!  See you out on the ice....

Steve D

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2002, 09:44:38 AM »

To all,

Yes Sunday was a great day in Tucks.  We were the party way left in Blue + Gray .. Topped out @ 12:00..

Steve D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 22 queries.