NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No Shit  (Read 644 times)

RatBoy

No Shit
« on: August 28, 2001, 03:01:18 PM »

Post your favorite (preferably true) story of dumb things that you have seen climbing.  The story must begin with "No Shit...".  Here is my entry:

No shit...barefoot soloer rescued from Cannon Cliff.  Two climbers (Rick and Boris) were doing Moonshadow on Cannon recently.  They were 400-500 feet up and heard some guy yelling for help.  They traversed/rapped/scrambled over to find a barefoot guy stranded on a ledge.  He had decided to go hiking and somehow made his way barefoot up the scree slope and started soloing the cliff.  Got up to a point where he couldnt go up any more, and was too gripped to go down.  Called for help and got saved.  The prussiked and free climbed the rest of the route with the aid of the other two, who loaned him some sandals.  The guy had supposedly never climbed.  Talk about having "more balls than brains"; this guy had more balls than brains OR shoes.

RatBoy

censorship
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2001, 03:13:29 PM »

FYI, the title of the posting was "No S__t", not "No Nuts".  The forum has one of those pathetic PC censors which automatically replaces offensive words.  Makes for a rather dull forum I must say...

dogboy

• NEClimbs God
  • What?
Re: No Shit
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2001, 04:22:19 PM »

Glad you cleared that up--"nuts" did seem somewhat sad....
Everybody wants to go to heaven, but no one wants to die.

Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
Re: No Shit
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2001, 03:00:14 PM »

OK. I made some changes to the censor code. hope it is a little more palpable. I had actually forgotten that was in there. <g>
Al Hospers

web hosting, design and software programming:
 http://www.cambersoft.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 23 queries.