Author Topic: At the White House Gate  (Read 184 times)

Offline Paulthenurse

• NEClimbs Newbie
  • I used to love YaBB 1G SP1, but she dumped me!
At the White House Gate
« on: December 11, 2004, 01:21:05 AM »
So this guy walks up to the White House Gate and asks the Marine standing guard duty if he might be allowed a few minutes of President Kerry's time.  The Marine politely informs the man that Senator Kerry lost the election and George Bush is still the President.  The man nods his head and walks away.

The next day the man walks up the the gate and the same Marine is standing guard duty. Again the man asks if he might speak to President Kerry and again the Marine informs him that Senator Kerry lost the election and that George Bush was re-elected President.

The following day the man walks up the the gate again.  The same Marine is there.  "I'd like to have a few words with President Kerry, please."  By now the Marine is pretty frustrated with the same scene playing itself out day after day and says to the man, "Look, I told you yesterday and the day before, George Bush is still the President.  John Kerry lost.  Got it?  George Bush... President!  John Kerry... Not President!"

And the guy looks at the Marine and say's, "Oh I heard you yesterday and the day before, I just never get tired of hearing it."

PTN

(Relax boys and girls.  Lets all hope that whomever is the sitting President does a good job, during this and all subsequent administrations.)
Scuba, sailing, sex, supper, suds, sleeping, skiing.  How come all the really good things in life start with S?

Offline Mountain_Man

• NEClimbs Newbie
Re: At the White House Gate
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2004, 04:15:45 AM »
THE LAW IS THE LAW

So if the US government determines that it is against the law for the words "under God" to be on our money, then, so be it. And if that same government decides that the "Ten Commandments" are not to be used in or on a government installation, then, so be it.   And since they already have prohibited any prayer in the schools, on which they deem their authority,then so be it.   I say, "so be it," because I would like to be a law abiding US citizen.  I say, "so be it," because I would like to think that smarter people than I are in positions to make good decisions. I would like to think that those people have the American Publics' best interests at heart.

BUT, YOU KNOW WHAT ELSE I'D LIKE?  Since we can't pray to God, can't Trust in God and cannot Post His Commandments in Government buildings, I don't believe the Government and it's employees should participate in the Easter and Christmas celebrations which honor the God that our government is eliminating from many facets of American life.  I'd like my mail delivered on Christmas, Good Friday, Thanksgiving & Easter. After all, it's just another day.

I'd like the US Supreme Court to be in session on Christmas, Good Friday, Thanksgiving & Easter as well as Sundays. After all, it's just another day.  I'd like the Senate and the House of Representatives to not have to worry about getting home for the "Christmas Break." After all it's just another day.  I'm thinking that a lot of my taxpayer dollars could be saved, if all government offices & services would work on Christmas, Good Friday & Easter. It shouldn't cost any overtime since those would be just like any other day of the week to a government that is trying to be "politically correct".  In fact....

I think that our government should work on Sundays (initially set aside for worshipping God...) because, after all, our government says that it should be just another day....   What do you all think????   If this idea gets to enough people, maybe our elected officials will stop giving in to the minority opinions and begin, once again, to represent the majority of ALL of the American people.   SO BE IT...........

Please Dear Lord,   Give us the help needed to keep you in our country!

DLottmann

.Re: At the White House Gate
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2004, 08:05:10 AM »
Wow... from a funny political joke... I laughed and I voted Kerry!  To a dismal revelation from MM...

Offline Paulthenurse

• NEClimbs Newbie
  • I used to love YaBB 1G SP1, but she dumped me!
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2004, 05:57:23 PM »
Somebody could use a cookie!

PTN
Scuba, sailing, sex, supper, suds, sleeping, skiing.  How come all the really good things in life start with S?

Offline Mountain_Man

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2004, 08:02:19 PM »
Ok pal, here's a joke

President Bush and Rumsfeld are sitting in a bar.

A guy walks in and asks the barman, "Isn't that Bush and Rumsfeld sitting over there?"

The bartender says, "Yep, that's them."

So the guy walks over and says, "Wow, this is a real honor! . What are you guys doing in here?"

Bush says, "We're planning WW III."

And the guy says, "Really? What's going to happen?"

Bush says, "Well, we're going to kill 140 million Muslims and one blonde with big tits."

The guy exclaimed, "A blonde with big tits? Why kill a blonde with big tits?"

Bush turns to Rumsfeld and says, "See, I told you no one CARES about the 140 million Muslims."