NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Western Mass climber  (Read 123 times)

walden333

• NEClimbs Newbie
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Western Mass climber
« on: December 14, 2004, 08:14:17 AM »

Looking for a rock / ice / mountaineering partner in the Western Mass area to second and learn from.  I've been climbing for 4 years now and am ready to move up a level.

Rock: I've done 5.10+ in the gym, 5.9 on rock, and sport lead 5.8 on rock comfortably.  I've gotten some trad gear and know the theory and have led a couple REALLY easy short climbs (5.3ish) but want to gain more experience

Ice: I've done some top-roping on short vertical climbs (20 feet or so)

Mountaineering: I've taken several courses through IMCS in North Conway, gone up Willey's Slide (very comfortably), and have done a lot of winter hiking in the Whites, including Washington several times via Lions Head.

I have all of the gear that I need, just need a mentor to second and pick things up form.  I also have a car,am mobile, and very willing to drive north to climb.

Sean

jst

• NEClimbs Newbie
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Western Mass climber
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2004, 09:27:49 AM »

sent you a PM

chigmit

• NEClimbs Newbie
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Western Mass climber
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2004, 12:25:30 PM »

I'm in Western Mass and I'm not only looking for someone to climb with but I'd like to know if anyone is doing anything semi-local (greenfield).  I haven't checked the areas I know yet but I will this weekend, Friday morning or sunday.  Has anyone been up on Negus?
-N
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.416 seconds with 22 queries.