NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Conditions and places to go?  (Read 108 times)

Jaims

• NEClimbs Newbie
  • Benighted? Again?!
    • Ice Climbing
Conditions and places to go?
« on: November 25, 2002, 07:52:34 AM »

Hi guys. I haven't posted a lot to this site, so figure I'd best say Hi to start...

I'm in a bit of a quandary. I'm coming over to the states tomorrow (Yippee) wit work, staying in Montvale NY - right on the border with NJ. Is there any point in bringing ice gear with me - it seems like a very long way to Cathedral ledges (thanks to the wonders of Mapquest!). Any closer venues (oh, and people who are up for a route or two in the next few weeks...!)?

Thanks,

wiregate

• NEClimbs Newbie
Re: Conditions and places to go?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2002, 10:26:47 AM »

I have friends that make the trip from NY/NJ to NH several times a year, so I'd say it would be worth it to bring your gear.  You'll regret it if you have a chance to climb and don't have it with you.  You can do the trip in 6-8 hours depending where you're coming from.  The Adirondacks is another option in addition to Smugglers Notch in VT.  There are also crags in PA that I've heard about.

Good luck!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 22 queries.