NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Quick release leashes  (Read 171 times)

dogboy

• NEClimbs Moderator
  • NEClimbs God
  • What?
Quick release leashes
« on: December 03, 2002, 10:04:14 AM »

For those of you who use clippers/androids...what is the best way to clip the leash back onto the tool?  I just started using Moser clippers, and while they unclip fine, I find it a bit difficult to get the clip back into my hand so that I can reclip them...any suggestions?
Everybody wants to go to heaven, but no one wants to die.

Guy Tremblay

Re: Quick release leashes
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2002, 11:43:24 AM »

I am sorry to say, but nothing can be done with this type of release leashes...  So many poeple I know have droped a tool because of their bad design.  The locking system unclips without even asking the most concerned person first...  Sell them and get a pair of BD release leaches, they are unbeatable, they do the job flawlessly, as far as I am concerned  ;D  That is the set-up I use on my Quarks.

Charlet is about to come out with a new generation of leashes, maybe then, they'll have something good to offer.  

Guy Tremblay

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2002, 11:49:22 AM »

To anwser your question, to clipping the leach back on the tool can be greatly facilitated by setting the system so that the clipper is right at the tip of your finger.  This is certainly not possible with the Charlet release leaches, but the BD system allows you to set the clippers at your desired position on the shaft of your tool   ;)

Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2002, 12:03:39 PM »

I have an andriod on one of my Cobras and like it. if I could afford it I would get another. it works really well for everything except alpine. for that I still like my twist leashes. the only negative thing is when I am belaying & am unclipped sometimes the clip flails around & gets in the way.

Al
Al Hospers

web hosting, design and software programming:
 http://www.cambersoft.com

dogboy

• NEClimbs Moderator
  • NEClimbs God
  • What?
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2002, 12:32:06 PM »

So, after you unclip, what's the best way to get the qr back in your hand so that you can clip back into the tool?

Guy Tremblay

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2002, 12:43:02 PM »

A little wrist swing and that's it... the "thing" is in your fingers, ready go be clipped back.  Another way is simply to put your hand down and the "thing" can be grabed with ease by the fingers...  good luck !

dogboy

• NEClimbs Moderator
  • NEClimbs God
  • What?
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2002, 01:28:13 PM »

Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.235 seconds with 23 queries.