Author Topic: Work Of The Devil (M7+/Man-2)  (Read 10315 times)

Jim_Ewing

Re: Work Of The Devil (M7+/Man-2)
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2006, 12:15:16 PM »
If I were you father I would have kicked your ass instead - believe that.

???

Now I know it's you dad.  Gosh I've missed you.

Offline Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2006, 01:30:16 PM »
now now children...
Al Hospers

emac

« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2006, 04:14:05 PM »
If I were you father I would have kicked your ass instead - believe that.

???

Now I know it's you dad.  Gosh I've missed you.

Jim, who knew your daddy was such a violent hard a$$. Whatever happened to unconditional love and support?

On a somewhat different note, it was cool to see yesterday that folks are going after it in the Cave. I can't wait to hear of a second ascent!

Offline tradmanclimbz

• NEClimbs God
  • Nick Goldsmith
« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2006, 05:15:34 PM »
Todays Cover shot looks a lot more like a winter mixed climb' when you see a shot like that  it is obviouse that it is cold, nasty and requires serious winter implements.  When you see  a shot like the  WOD shot it makes you wonder where the ice is.

emac

« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2006, 05:56:55 PM »
I should have taken a shot of Work of the Devil yesterday. There is a 15 foot overhanging ice pillar off the ground, with ice blobs seeping out of many of the cracks. Plus, almost enough ice above the lip to push through the CD ice line. Oh yeah boys, there's ice... lots-o-fun mixed roof climbing!

Conditions yesterday on Pocket Full of Man WERE nasty. Supreme kudos to Doug and Bayard for putting that rig up!

Offline tradmanclimbz

• NEClimbs God
  • Nick Goldsmith
« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2006, 06:24:16 PM »
I would love to see it climbed in those conditions. and see pictures. i just get weirded out when I see half naked guys climbing bare rock with tools ;) Full conditions and that is a totaly diferent story. even if the climb is easier with the ice on it. It just looks a lot cooler INMOP.

emac

« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2006, 06:26:41 PM »
PS... RE: Pocket Full of Man, does it change your perception knowing that it was a pre-existing rock climb called Stars in My Pocket 5.11+ originally done by Handren (I think)? Just curious...

Offline tradmanclimbz

• NEClimbs God
  • Nick Goldsmith
« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2006, 08:11:16 PM »
 It depends on how long and hard the ice was getting into it. You can't tell from the pictuer. It does look cold and nasty though. If The ice was only a few moves and  really easy then it may not be worth scratching up the corner? How often does the climb get done in the summer? My personal decisions would weigh those factors.

eastcoastblowhard

« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2006, 08:17:56 PM »
Mixed Climbing is Retarded. 

That is all there is to it.

DLottmann

« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2006, 08:40:54 PM »
Should a seldom climbed rock route be open for dry-tooling?  Great question!  I'm not sure were I stand on this one.  I would lean towards thinking if it made a better winter climb than a rock climb the answer could be yes.

eastcoastblowhard

« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2006, 08:53:45 PM »
yeah but it doesnt. mixed climbing is ridiculous

Griffster

« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2006, 09:03:48 PM »
I would totally say yes to that one Dave, not that I'm an authority or anything.  Mixed climbing is a very interesting experience, and one that I intend to keep working on in hopes of being able to go out and challenge myself further, hopefully without being called a retard.  I still have fun...and now I'm glad I suck at mixed climbing so I don't have to take the flack that these strong climbers are taking.  Keep innovating!

Offline punxnotdead

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #57 on: February 14, 2006, 11:15:24 AM »
Blah Blah Blah,

A person did a route that is quite hard with minimal ice on it.  In good years there is ice everywhere.  Go there, try it, then have something meaningful to say.  So many opinions so little really said.  EasternBlowHard.....I look forward to meeting you in a bar someday......Your sarcasm and intelligence is refreshing.....LOL.

someone dropped a steamer in the gene pool

"climbing with a deep knowledge of what we are doing is what we all want to climb high and safe" Champoing

wyoclimber

« Reply #58 on: February 14, 2006, 06:46:21 PM »
yeah but it doesnt. mixed climbing is ridiculous

Wow, who is this guy that obiviously doesnt know much about anything?  I suppose it would be one thing if you had a mental capacity beyond a kindergardeners "Yes/No" vocabulary but honestly...

eastcoastblowhard

« Reply #59 on: February 14, 2006, 09:20:52 PM »
YOUR CRAMPONS ARE THE TOOLS OF THE ZIONEST CORPORATE OPRRESIVE MOVEMENT MONEY HUNGRY PUBLICITY SEKING REGIME.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2006, 09:25:46 PM by eastcoastblowhard »