Author Topic: Work Of The Devil (M7+/Man-2)  (Read 10547 times)

fbs

Re: Work Of The Devil (M7+/Man-2)
« Reply #60 on: February 14, 2006, 09:46:02 PM »
 :ohad to look twice, thought  I had entered a yahoo message board instead

so, did'nt mixed climbing used to be called alpine climbing?

Offline punxnotdead

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #61 on: February 15, 2006, 06:57:19 AM »
YOUR CRAMPONS ARE THE TOOLS OF THE ZIONEST CORPORATE OPRRESIVE MOVEMENT MONEY HUNGRY PUBLICITY SEKING REGIME.

WOW, You are one crazy B**tard.   Obviously you are in need of attention....I am bored of your childish taunts and elementary school level spelling.

Someone DEFINATELY dropped a steamer in YOUR gene pool.
someone dropped a steamer in the gene pool

"climbing with a deep knowledge of what we are doing is what we all want to climb high and safe" Champoing

km59801

« Reply #62 on: February 15, 2006, 10:44:20 PM »
just a few thoughts because i'm bored...  this debate exists because Jim(or someone who Jim told) felt it necessary to publish his ascent in an opinionated, argumentitive forum... Now the sport-o's are up in arms, the traditionalists are spewing ethics and others are just debating because they have nothing better to do.... Here's a novel idea:  climb for yourself.... share your excitement with your friends, and leave it at that.  As long you are not permenantly changing the environment in a way that negatively effects the experiences of future climbers you should just do whatever keeps you happy and sane.  Enjoy what fun NH has to offer... Kevin 

Offline Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
« Reply #63 on: February 15, 2006, 11:02:40 PM »
just a few thoughts because i'm bored...  this debate exists because Jim(or someone who Jim told) felt it necessary to publish his ascent in an opinionated, argumentitive forum... 

interesting... please reread the first 2 postings in this thread before you say that. I posted the initial one & feel it was pretty matter of fact. the second was a clarification by Eric & was in a similar vein.

1) how is that "opinionated" or "argumentitive"?

2) how could it have been announced better?

oops, you are saying that it should not have been announced.

hmmm...

--al
Al Hospers

eastcoastblowhard

« Reply #64 on: February 16, 2006, 07:09:03 AM »
KN893746-----------  Youare right  - everyone should climb for themselves as long as they ARE NOT FUCKING UP THE ROCK!

Mixed Climbing is still lame - it's like you guys want to go back to aid climbing or something.  Not really very progressive!

Offline tradmanclimbz

• NEClimbs God
  • Nick Goldsmith
« Reply #65 on: February 16, 2006, 09:00:33 AM »
that is not a fair compareison. Mixed climbing is way harder than aid climbing. Aid climbing at least in my experience is not rerally all that hard it is just really scary. I use adjustable daisys and they really take a lot of the pump out of aid climbing ;D dry tooling on the other hand can certainly be hard and pumpy. wait whay am i answering that spew ???

eastcoastblowhard

« Reply #66 on: February 17, 2006, 07:16:30 AM »
Mixed climbing is way harder than aid climbing. Aid climbing at least in my experience is not rerally all that hard it is just really scary. I use adjustable daisys and they really take a lot of the pump out of aid climbing  dry tooling on the other hand can certainly be hard and pumpy. wait whay am i answering that spew

I might be the eastcoastblowhard and a bit outspoken but that quote shows you know absolutely nothing about aid climbing.  Ajustable Dasies - WTF LOL 

With my new trusty Metolius Adjustable Dasies anything is possible!  Did you get your beta off that guy who used to own the shoe shop acorss from IME? 

Drytooling is aid climbing!

Tomcat

« Reply #67 on: February 17, 2006, 08:24:55 AM »
With "ajustable" spelling any interpretation is possible Daise. ::)

Offline tradmanclimbz

• NEClimbs God
  • Nick Goldsmith
« Reply #68 on: February 17, 2006, 10:32:55 AM »
Actualy I made my adjustable daisy with a chunk of 9mm rope and a wild country ropeman and yes it does take a lot of the physical effort out of many aid moves and significantly cuts down on the irrritation to my tendonitis 8)

eastcoastblowhard

« Reply #69 on: February 17, 2006, 06:16:55 PM »
I bet its really fast too!

Mixed Climbing is Ridiculous!

Jim_Ewing

« Reply #70 on: February 17, 2006, 09:13:33 PM »
I bet its really fast too!

Mixed Climbing is Ridiculous!

Go back to name calling and threats of violence.  At least then you won't be boring us.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2006, 10:19:45 PM by Jim_Ewing »

eastcoastblowhard

« Reply #71 on: February 18, 2006, 04:25:18 PM »
The only thing violent in here is your attack of the rock with metal. 

Really Uncool.

km59801

« Reply #72 on: February 19, 2006, 08:52:59 AM »
this has become somewhat entertaining.... reading folks defending the cave against scratches with such vigor is...well, it's comical.  I wonder where they were when the cave was developed for sport tugging... rock pried off, flakes epoxied on and holes drilled all over.  I guess only the ways that you use the rock are acceptable to your ethic.  On top of that the Cave is possibly the least aesthetic piece of rock in the North Country... it's not like someone dry tooled the Prow, Waimea, or Moby Grape (or did they)...................... Have fun, stay sane, enjoy climbing and don't freeze your ass off.   Kevin

km59801

« Reply #73 on: February 19, 2006, 07:03:29 PM »
Jim, How did the crux hold grow from 1/8" to 1 1/2"??? and that first stein pull got a lot more secure didn't it?  Will Gadd posed the coan on his website "If one hammer blow is cleaning, how many is chipping".... but that's in limestone not granite.  All of the moves had been done clean the weekend before your send without this enhancement.  ....................Kevin 

Justus

« Reply #74 on: February 20, 2006, 11:05:47 AM »
What has been done in the past should not bear too much weight on what is done in the future. Arguments about thin air etc are interesting, but notvery helpful since, hopefully, we are trying to improve as a sport/interest group and not just rely on what's been done for our moral guidance. Someone made the interesting point about how it is inappropriate to nail something that has been established as clean. That is a general consensus, i get that not everyone will agree. This seems like it could also be applied to the question of "To tool, or not to tool"  If the climb existed as a free-climb beforehand it seems counterintuitive to open it up to mixed-climbing. admittedly, you say no scarring happened, but it raises the point of what to think  about this sort of thinking more generally. Maybe this is irrelevant but maybe not: would it be acceptable to dry-tool lonesome dove or ride the lightening?  choss or not choss is too subjective a term to be the determining factor. One man's choss...

justus