Author Topic: Work Of The Devil (M7+/Man-2)  (Read 10648 times)

Greg_Shyloski

Re: Work Of The Devil (M7+/Man-2)
« Reply #75 on: February 20, 2006, 11:05:36 PM »
 ;)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2006, 12:42:04 PM by Greg_Shyloski »

Offline punxnotdead

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #76 on: February 21, 2006, 06:51:33 AM »
.....and remove all bolts and not put protection in on rock climbs......LOL Your logic doesn't stand up to practical use.  BTW no more aid climbing either hooking is bad for the rock!!!  As long as we are not out there bashing the shiznit out of the rock, there is no measureable harm.

Bill
someone dropped a steamer in the gene pool

"climbing with a deep knowledge of what we are doing is what we all want to climb high and safe" Champoing

F_Bomb

« Reply #77 on: February 21, 2006, 04:31:22 PM »
Aww shucks guys,

Just seems to me that if you expect your opinion to be taken seriously as part of an intelligent, well informed debate, you should probably know what you are talking about.  Go try Jim's route and then talk shit about it  -- I wonder how many folks could even point out Jim's line if they were standing in the Cave right now.  Or atleast, go try some newschool mixed climbing for yourself....  I'll bet you find it to be less destructive and way more challenging and fun then you expected. 

And cut it with the bleeding-heart environmental arguments too, because we all should be aware that destructive practices regularly occur in all disciplines of climbing...

And one more thing --  what's wrong with aid climbing??!!  Not progressive enough for you, brah?  All you pudknockers should stop reciting the lame, eliitist spray you just sucked off from the latest batch of mags and go try an El Cap nailup for yourself and then you can talk shit about it. 

Aid climbing is the FUTURE of our sport, and if you don't realize that, well... you just aren't as progressive as I am.

Freddie Wilkinson

eastcoastblowhard

« Reply #78 on: February 21, 2006, 09:23:30 PM »
Just seems to me that if you expect your opinion to be taken seriously as part of an intelligent, well informed debate, you should probably know what you are talking about.

I forget    ---     Freddy is one of the cool "in" people so his justification for killing shit is cool and intelligent.

And cut it with the bleeding-heart environmental arguments too, because we all should be aware that destructive practices regularly occur in all disciplines of climbing...

ok Rush and since it happens all the time we should just ignore it. 

I suppose if you passed me on El Cap while I was enhanding a hook  that you thought was only marginal---  I could just tell you to screw cause it happens all the time and it is the future of our sport.  Not everyone has to be as "hard" as you to have an educated opinion.  I don't think one person regurgitated anything from one of the sprayfest mags in this forum.  You sound pissed at the mags or something.  Why?  Are you not being featured enough?

Announcing that you have done hard nailups and therefore can talk shit is no better than a neophyte at Rumney talking shit. 

Aid climbing is the FUTURE of our sport, and if you don't realize that, well... you just aren't as progressive as I am.
  Agreed --- minus the last half.  How progressive is being wasted at the cliff on PBR while trying to hold down a shitty job to piece together your next trip?  About as progressive as the rest of us. 

Step off your high horse.  Climbing is a trivial pursuit and whats left of the rock will be here long after you are ever thought about.

Flame On,

Tony   

F_Bomb

« Reply #79 on: February 22, 2006, 06:32:08 AM »
"Freddy is one of the cool "in" people so his justification for killing shit is cool and intelligent."
"How progressive is being wasted at the cliff on PBR while trying to hold down a shitty job to piece together your next trip?"

I think you are giving me way too much credit here.... I'm not really as cool as you are making me out to be.

Excuse me -- gotta run to the fridge for another PBR.

Offline punxnotdead

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #80 on: February 22, 2006, 06:32:29 AM »
Explain how aid climbing is the future?  LOL.... What is this? the 60's?

:-*

Bill

"climbing with a deep knowledge of what we are doing is what we all want to climb high and safe" Champoing

dcorn

« Reply #81 on: February 22, 2006, 08:05:37 AM »
Seems to me that we should all get out climbing instead of talking all this BS.  Maybe even go try the route before you diss it, get yourself spanked then talk more trash.

dcorn

« Reply #82 on: February 22, 2006, 09:23:44 AM »
We better stop climbing the dike, damn mixed traverse.

Offline tradmanclimbz

• NEClimbs God
  • Nick Goldsmith
« Reply #83 on: February 22, 2006, 07:39:57 PM »
Decorn. believe it or not that was one of the stupidest posts in this thread. the dike is an alpine climb. all of pitch 2 has been pretty dry the last 2 years but there is thousands of tons of ice on the rout. The concerns voiced in this thread refer to dry tooling routs with Verry little or No ice on them.  Most of the ofending rts are short and sport.

Offline Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
« Reply #84 on: February 22, 2006, 08:33:19 PM »
Al Hospers

dcorn

« Reply #85 on: February 23, 2006, 11:04:26 AM »
It was ment to be a stupid post to go along with the 6 pages of the others.  Just go climb

Greg_Shyloski

« Reply #86 on: February 23, 2006, 06:22:05 PM »
Maybe before we all go climbing or get on the net...maybe we should just drop our pants and just drag our nuts through the snow and chill out just a bit.

Maybe we would think better.

Offline tradmanclimbz

• NEClimbs God
  • Nick Goldsmith
« Reply #87 on: February 23, 2006, 07:02:56 PM »
What fun would that be? the whole point of these kinds of sites is to provide a venue for climbers to share ideas, condition reports, beta and above all rant about ethics ;D What would a forum be if everyone agreed with each other and everyone posted a factual politicaly correct post? ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ Once in a great while some good even comes out of these kinds of disscussions.

Offline Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
« Reply #88 on: February 23, 2006, 07:57:19 PM »
What fun would that be? the whole point of these kinds of sites is to provide a venue for climbers to share ideas, condition reports, beta and above all rant about ethics ;D What would a forum be if everyone agreed with each other and everyone posted a factual politicaly correct post? ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ Once in a great while some good even comes out of these kinds of disscussions.

right on tradmanclimbz

--al
Al Hospers

Offline punxnotdead

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #89 on: February 23, 2006, 09:28:19 PM »
However, Dragging my nuts through the snow does sound like a really neat thing to do......

This is a great forum for us all to discuss our own particular views without having to throw punches and be embarrassed at work Monday morning with bruises and lost teeth.

However, maybe we could set up a Climbers fight club?  LOL

Good job on moderating Al

Bill