NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Cranmore Gym  (Read 130 times)

John Grason

The Cranmore Gym
« on: February 11, 2003, 07:11:42 AM »

I have some questions about the Cranmore Gym and I was wondering if anyone would know the answers. Here they are:

How popular is the gym on week nights? How many people are usually climbing there approximately?

What are the hours on week nights?

What is the cost of a climbing gym membership there for a month?

What are peoples general thoughts on the wall? How are the routes? Is a membership worth the expense?

Thanks in advance

Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
Re: The Cranmore Gym
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2003, 06:56:59 PM »

I used to be a monitor there last winter. in general the gym is more popular on weeknites than weekend nites. there could be between 2 and 15 there at any one time. usually it's 8-10. if I remember correctly the hours are 5-9. they don't have a rock gym membership per se. you have to buy the full gym membership which is $50/month.

as of last year the routes didn't get changed hardly at all. it was the same old same old all the time. pretty boring. the Cranmore company puts exactly zip into the facility. my friend Steve Angelini is working there this winter & from what I understand his job is to red all the routes & generally make it better. if so, I would say it might be worth checking out. if I were you I would just go by one evening & have a look for yourself.

hth

Al
Al Hospers

web hosting, design and software programming:
 http://www.cambersoft.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.177 seconds with 22 queries.