NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where to beginner clim in white mtn area  (Read 139 times)

harca02

• NEClimbs Newbie
Where to beginner clim in white mtn area
« on: April 07, 2006, 07:50:32 AM »

I am a relatively new climber from MA. I have done crow hill, college rock, and some cliffs at acadia ntnl park. I am planning a trip to the white mountains area, and I love some suggestions on where to go. I am not farmiliar with the area so "XYZ hill" in town, NH would be much more helpful than me trying to google just the park. I can climb up to 5'8 but some nice 5'6-5.7 might be good to start off the season :)

Thanks!

ToddSH

• NEClimbs Junior Member
Re: Where to beginner clim in white mtn area
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2006, 09:40:40 AM »

Pick up the secrets of the notch guidebook and head to echo crag. It has a plethora of moderate routes. Todd

Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2006, 10:34:15 AM »

of course you can always look in the Routes section here. once on the main Routes page look at the bottom. there are 3 choices for rock & 3 for ice. one is List All Routes By Grade. then you pick out the area with the preponderence of routes in the grade you want to climb.

;D

--al
Al Hospers

web hosting, design and software programming:
 http://www.cambersoft.com

T_Moon

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2006, 01:10:32 PM »

Square Ledge in Pinkham Notch
Lost Horizon
Lost Ledge
Echo Crag, definitely
Don't forget Rumney -- even for trad.  There are a bunch of good trad lines there and you definitely won't have to wait for them  ;D
If you want to get to the peak, you ought to climb without giving it too much thought.

--Nietzsche

bsf

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2006, 01:25:21 PM »

Second's to Rumney, though known for hard routes there are a large number of bolted moderate ones to have fun on.

Off topic but the prime area for moderate trad routes in New England is the GUNKS near New Platz, NY. There are enough routes to keep you busy and excited for years.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.394 seconds with 22 queries.