Author Topic: Started a week ago, only 1 week left!  (Read 941 times)

DLottmann

Started a week ago, only 1 week left!
« on: May 16, 2006, 05:17:09 PM »
Who: All climbers in the Northeast!

Where: All crags in the Northeast!

When: It's been going on for over a week and will go on for at least one more!

Why: Because it's Nature!

What: (scroll down)

RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
Re: Started a week ago, only 1 week left!
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2006, 05:56:09 PM »
I actually saw the sun this morning for the first time in over a week!!!
Al Hospers

Luce11

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2006, 08:10:31 AM »
I actually saw the sun this morning for the first time in over a week!!!
For all of 30 minutes on my side of the mountains  :-\
It has to stop soon, right?  But then again all winter I was thinking that we had to get some snow and that never happened!

Offline ToddSH

• NEClimbs Junior Member
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2006, 09:51:18 AM »
Relax boys. This rain just about happens every spring. Last june, we had some sort of precipitation 24 out of the 30 days of the month. Besides, there are many places in New England that you can climb in the rain. I was out yesterday. Todd

Offline Jeff

• NEClimbs God
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2006, 11:20:56 PM »
Beautiful day today in CT--sunny and 70's :D  I had to work inside all day selling outdoor gear and clothing at EMS :-[ Oh  well the forecast is acceptable for the Gunks on Sat. 

Offline Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2006, 01:40:01 PM »
we had .4" of rain here in about 30 minutes at around noon today, Friday. the weather station said "It's raining cats and dogs!". the gym or bouldering in the Cathedrral Cave is about all that's available right now over here...

<sigh>

--al
Al Hospers

mtnmoma

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2006, 03:42:32 PM »
Hey, this rain is actually more than just wet...
Climbed on a favorite route in VT (during a couple of dry hours) and broke out a key foothold. Underneath was the brightest florescent green algea I have ever seen!

Yikes!

Offline Woody48

• NEClimbs Junior Member
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2006, 09:52:34 PM »
I was hoping to get out on the rock for the first time this year over this past weekend.  With the wet forcast I opted to take a hike on Franconia Ridge instead.  I ended up in a blizzard!  Let's hope for a nice warm and sunny Memorial Day weekend.
Woody

benlewis

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2006, 11:17:35 PM »
For the few rainless hours over the past week, the part at parking lot wall by egg mcmeadows has been dry, and yesterday i got up to triple corners early and did the short 8 on that mini seperate wall over to the right right before it started pouring and thundering.  not bad considering the whole state is basically flooded

Luce11

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2006, 08:38:52 AM »
Speaking of the blizzard in Franconia...I was talking with a friend last night who said that it was snowing in Franconia at that time (about 7PM).  Kind of crazy for May!  Average normal temps right now should be in the 70's...where the heck is that?

Offline ToddSH

• NEClimbs Junior Member
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2006, 09:32:49 AM »
I would stay away from cannon for a little while. All of this rain and freezing temps is not a good thing. We had a very similiar weather pattern when the old man came down. Just my 2 cents. Todd

Luce11

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2006, 10:00:02 AM »
I hadn't really thought about the affects of the weather on Cannon, but you make a good point.  It wil be interesting to see if anything happens to the cliff in the next couple of weeks.  What about the other side of the notch.  I wonder how the Eaglet area looks.  That might be an interesting option.  Any bird closeures up there yet?

Offline ToddSH

• NEClimbs Junior Member
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2006, 11:08:27 AM »
The other side should be pretty good. THe flatiron and profile cliff dry quickly. I havn't heard about any bird closures.They generally go in the sun around noon. Have fun. Todd