NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Climb for the Cure Fundraiser  (Read 137 times)

Pat

• NEClimbs Junior Member
Climb for the Cure Fundraiser
« on: June 14, 2006, 12:08:19 PM »

Dear NEClimbs community,

I am posting this to inform you of my Climb for the Cure fundraiser.テつ  On July 1, I will begin my climb of Oregon's Mt. Hood as a means to raise money for Maine Medical Center's Gibson Pavilion.テつ  The money raised will be donated in the name of my late uncle, "Rockin" Rod Scribner who ended his battle with cancer on March 7, 2005.

My hope is to raise $1 per foot of Mt. Hood's height, for a grand total of $11,240.テつ  As of this moment, we are about halfway to our goal with two and half weeks to go.

For those of you not familiar with the Gibson Pavilion, it is one of the finest cancer care units in New England.テつ  What really makes them special though is the way they incorporate family as a part of the process of end of life care.テつ  For anyone who has gone through losing a loved one to cancer, you know how important and comforting this is.

Rod's family was available 24-7 until his last moments.テつ  Aside from Maine Medical Center allowing us to stay in the waiting room next door for a week, they also granted Rod special permission to have a small stereo available to play music.テつ  Rod loved music almost as much as his family, and up until the end, the Beatles, the Big Bopper, and other musicians could be heard in his room.テつ 

With a portion of the money raised, each of the 37 patient rooms at Gibson will have a small stereo installed so that patients and families can be soothed by the unmatched power of music.テつ  The remaining money will be used to provide "griveing" baskets and waiting room amenities for families and loved ones during their time at Gibson.

If you are interested in donating to this truly wonderful cause or would like more information, please click on the link below:

http://www.mmc.org/workfiles/mmc_ways_give/ClimbfortheCure.pdf

Print off the .pdf and mail your check (payable to Gibson Pavilion) to:
Climb for the Cure
22 Bramhall St.
Portland, ME 04102

or to give online, follow these steps click the "Online Giving" button on page 2 of the brochure and fill out the form online.

If it is any added incentive, any donation that you make is 100% tax-deductible (upon receiving your donation, MMC will send you a receipt for your donation amount).

Thank you for your time.テつ  Feel free to send me a PM or e-mail with any questions.

Pat

connop@portlandschools.org
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 02:01:51 PM by Pat »

Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
Re: Climb for the Cure Fundraiser
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2006, 05:05:58 PM »

OK folks... sounds like a good cause to me. plus there is a music connection too. I sent in my $25 today, courtesy NEClimbs & me.

So how about getting some more going here folks?

--al
Al Hospers

web hosting, design and software programming:
 http://www.cambersoft.com

Pat

• NEClimbs Junior Member
Re: Climb for the Cure Fundraiser
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2006, 03:49:38 PM »

Thanks, Al, and to anyone else who has sent in money.  I appreciate the support.  There is still plenty of time to donate, and donations of all sizes are greatly appreciated. 

Pat
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 22 queries.