NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sportiva Nepals and Trango Extreme S  (Read 162 times)

JStg

• NEClimbs Newbie
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Sportiva Nepals and Trango Extreme S
« on: March 13, 2003, 07:14:45 AM »

Anyone out there wear the Nepal Extremes. I am looking at them and the Trango Extreme S. I am using them for alpine/vertical ice, mixed climbing ¡V and an overall mountainerring boot (did I miss anythingƒº) .
For much colder climbs in Alaska, I will be using a different boot. Would the Nepal Extreme be overkill?
Folks suggested the Scarpa Cumbre, but I can¡¦t find them anywhere to try on

ccclimber

• NEClimbs Junior Member
Re: Sportiva Nepals and Trango Extreme S
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2003, 09:31:58 AM »

don't know anything about the trango extreme...i'm coming to the end of my second full season with nepal extremes...i use them for everything...mt washington in november, ice snowshoeing...even wore them hunting a few times...they work for me...
Ed

Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2003, 10:23:00 AM »

I got my first pair of leather boots this year. they are the Nepal Top's. There was only one time this winter that I felt like I needed my plastic boots and that was when I was standing around doing some instruction. you should ask Michelle Jenkins about them tho. she might have a different opinion.

Al
Al Hospers

web hosting, design and software programming:
 http://www.cambersoft.com

Sir_mix_allot

• NEClimbs Newbie
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2003, 02:04:09 PM »

I own the Nepal top and few of my friends own the Nepal top extreme I love mine however all the pp I know who own the NTE say that they have a major cold feet (funny it is defeating the whole purpose of the  Extreme in Nepal top) in my NT I had never had cold feet and so anyone who have them
Lately I got the Trango extreme S and after the first agonizing breaking in period they feet like a dream I will recommend them over the NTE any day or just get the NT if u can still find them
« Last Edit: March 13, 2003, 02:04:52 PM by Sir_mix_allot »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 22 queries.