NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: re-vamped anger over coffin nail  (Read 143 times)

punxnotdead

• NEClimbs God
re-vamped anger over coffin nail
« on: July 15, 2006, 05:58:58 PM »

I have read the former mentions and arguements on this website regarding the smashing of the bolts on the second pitch of Coffin Nail.  So, I hate to bring it up again, but........I will anyways.

Why was the smashing of the bolts done in the first place? What was the message this person was trying to convey? And, who did it?

Certainly, Bill Lowther had his faults, but Coffin Nail was an independent line which interfered in no way with Atlantis etc. 

From my readings, the bolts were destroyed around 2000- 2001, which was nearly 3 years after Bill died tragically.  So the message this retard of an ethical stallion had was certainly falling on deaf (death) ears. 

Bill was a nice guy with a vision, he cared about the rock AND rock climbing and he always took into consideration surrounding routes when putting up new ones.  The few times I climbed with him in the last years of his life were some of the most enjoyable and memorable moments in rock climbing.

I am saddened by these sort of egotistical acts of violence towards First Ascensionists and the rock on which they work.

Enough said about this (unless fur starts to fly).  But....unlike most of you out there.  If I catch ANYONE doing this sort of thing in person, there will be Hell to pay! 

Bill
« Last Edit: July 16, 2006, 07:13:29 PM by punxnotdead »
someone dropped a steamer in the gene pool

"climbing with a deep knowledge of what we are doing is what we all want to climb high and safe" Champoing

leewee

• NEClimbs Newbie
  • crack addict
Re: re-vamped anger over coffin nail
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2006, 06:12:15 PM »

RIGHT ON...i would love to hear of anyone who disrespects the rock getting what is comming to them...

tradmanclimbz

• NEClimbs God
  • Nick Goldsmith
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2006, 11:29:34 AM »

its just so ugly to see that hammered over scarred up mess when you are climbing Atlantis.   It would be nice tgo see them replaced so that the climb can be done and it will look better.

Dave

• NEClimbs God
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2006, 09:46:15 PM »

punxnotdead and tradman, you are both right but the ethics police will be looking to have you hung from the roof of the prow if you even think of replacing those bolts. I have felt thier rath! Dave  :(

leewee

• NEClimbs Newbie
  • crack addict
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2006, 09:51:26 PM »

it sucks that they (bolt bashing ethics outlaws) get to win that way...they trash the cliff that we (respectful inocent lovers of pretty rocks) all love and we cant fix it...
it seems like they always win...

and in the process make an ugly mess...

lee

punxnotdead

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2006, 08:21:23 PM »

I have no plans to replace the bolts up there, as the damage to the rock that would be required to remove them would not be worth it.  Plus, I would want to replace them in the style they were installed (on the lead both aid and free) and I just dont have the balls right at this time.  I will bet the bolt bashing pussies/dicks were on TR or rap when they did the damage. 

Dave, as far as being hung on the roof of the prow by these numbnuts.... I would welcome the opportunity to meet them face to face.  Also, why are all of you conwayites so afraid of them.... You all know who they are, but do nothing about it.  I suppose the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Bill
someone dropped a steamer in the gene pool

"climbing with a deep knowledge of what we are doing is what we all want to climb high and safe" Champoing
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 23 queries.