NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: easter weekend  (Read 93 times)

Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
easter weekend
« on: April 20, 2003, 07:14:41 PM »

it turned out to be an amazing weekend. once again the weather people screwed up. Saturday morning started off cool, but by the afternoon it was beautiful. Sunday was spectacular, probably in the upper 60's - higher in the sun. I had to do work around the house, but there were people all over the cliffs. I sasw parties on Upper Refuse, Refuse, the Book, Bombardment, Retaliation, Thin Air, and the Prow.

what a time...

Al
Al Hospers

web hosting, design and software programming:
 http://www.cambersoft.com

Ward Smith

Re: easter weekend
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2003, 04:28:32 AM »

Anyone who is planning on climbing at Rumney, please be aware that in addition to the closure of the right side of the Main Cliff for peregrines (everything to the right of Armed and Dangerous and off my Medication), Ravens are nesting at the right end of the Orange Crush cliff.  Although not "endangered," these birds are more sepctacular than peregrines (in my opinion), and need real cliffs to nest on as they don't cater to skyscrapers in big cities like the falcons.  They are nesting on the ledge atop Fishooks (12d); so please stay off the following climbs:  Black Mamba; British Airways; Prime Climb; Fishooks; and Captain Hook.  Most of these routes are still wet anyway.  The Rumney Climbers Association will be putting up signs soon.

Thanks for your help.

ccclimber

• NEClimbs Junior Member
Re: easter weekend
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2003, 12:54:42 PM »

first time out and yep it was a good one...still in saigon and sea of holes saturday...hit rumney on sunday and got a bunch of stuff done
Ed
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 22 queries.