NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: total newb please read my story.....  (Read 165 times)

reba

• NEClimbs Newbie
total newb please read my story.....
« on: October 06, 2006, 09:47:06 AM »

Whats up... I just recently started dating a guy in Nevada who right at this moment is climbing El Cap for the sixth time.  Not sure why he's dating me other than the fact that I am a hiker but he thinks that I am interested in climbing, which I am, but I basically have no experience, other than a couple hours in the climbing gym in CT.

I live in CT and I am looking to hopefully get some better experience and possibly find a partner who might want to deal with me and get me going.  I am pretty broke right now but I am trying to gather up some money for climbing shoes.  I know I need a partner for ropping, if I don't find one might just boulder for now.

If anyone has suggestions or advice or whatever please let me know.

THANKS!

bluesnpolitics

• NEClimbs Full Member
Re: total newb please read my story.....
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2006, 12:12:44 AM »

Definitely boulder! rope work is important, but only if you fall in the first place :) When I started climbing I put too much effort into learning about ropes and anchors. I've been working on my leading and realized my climbing skills suck.
plus, you will probably meet people when bouldering that can help you with everything else. I don't know CT very well, but I've been told that there are tons of places to go so just go and don't climb higher than you are willing to jump. you'll meet people pretty quickly if you want to.
DrewD

tradmanclimbz

• NEClimbs God
  • Nick Goldsmith
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2006, 09:04:03 AM »

Shouldn't this hot new BF be teaching you the climbing???? If he leaves you in the capable hands of us old farts who knows what might happen ;D

RAH

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2006, 08:34:50 PM »

If he leaves you in the capable hands of us old farts who knows what might happen ;D

Sounds to me like that is exactly what she wants ;D 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.174 seconds with 22 queries.