Author Topic: A new "IME" ?  (Read 165 times)

Offline SCUD

• NEClimbs Full Member
A new "IME" ?
« on: November 24, 2006, 09:42:52 AM »
Looks like IME is undergoing a major renovation & face lift. The last time I was up north I thought the road crew had finally resorted to excavating  the windowfront of IME. My curiosity got the best of me so I crossed the construction barrier & spied a granite wall under construction. It even had fixed pins. I wonder what the finished product will look like & what the expected completion date is. Most of the interior was being revamped also. Someone ought to swing by with a camera & get a pic - hint Admin Al.
"Going to the mountains is going home." -John Muir

Offline benlewis

• NEClimbs Junior Member
Re: A new "IME" ?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2006, 10:43:26 AM »
Apparently, they are becoming a "flagship" Mammut store.  All the staff I talked to seemed pretty excited about it, since everyone loves Mammut.  If you check out the stone wall, you will see some empty places in it that will soon hold bookshelves, and a huge plasma screen tv that will play movies all the time. I can only hope they get a nice comfy couch as well...
"If you get confused listen to the music play"

Offline SCUD

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2006, 01:03:55 PM »
Now if they only have a few cold ones in the cooler besides the sofa, I won't have to go climbing. With the plasma screen & the new NE Climbs web cam, I'll be able to kick back & watch the action online. I wonder if the new web cam will have instant playback of the crux moves?

Offline Woody48

• NEClimbs Junior Member
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2006, 05:49:44 PM »
Earlier today I noticed an IME logo in a Mammut ad in "Climbing".  Something I don't recall seeing in the past.  Be a couple of more weeks before I get up to North Conway to see the remodelling.
Woody

Offline Abe Barker

• NEClimbs Newbie
  • I bathed yesterday
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2006, 07:35:10 PM »
Perhaps they could build a "Bolt War boxing ring" to really tap into the mainstream climbing comunity.
I hope your enjoying your life

Offline bikewrench

• NEClimbs Junior Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2006, 10:23:40 PM »
I spied a granite wall....  It even had fixed pins.
What?? Fixed gear in North Conway granite?

Offline sterling_sonya

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2006, 01:47:06 PM »
I went to the store Sunday - it looks great!  Sadly, though, the comfy couch that was in the front is gone.  However, there are some very new, modern, unstained chairs in the shoe section.

Offline SCUD

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2006, 09:57:28 AM »
I'm getting anxious to see the new looks, not having been able to get up north for a while. Maybe they're replacing the old couch with a new one? Hope so. The renovations must be pretty well done by now, just in time for the Christmas season.