Author Topic: Multi Pitch Favorites?  (Read 2491 times)

DLottmann

Re: Multi Pitch Favorites?
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2008, 05:43:20 PM »
Maybe more intelligent and knowledgeable
people just avoid sh!t routes in August.

Alright, so if you and him are having PM battles why not keep it in PM's? Those are easy for you to delete and you don't to be turning the forums into your anti-Robbiovious campaign...
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 05:45:59 PM by DMan »

GOclimb

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2008, 05:29:29 PM »
Another good one is, I think it's called something like Beginner's Two.  It's a variation on Beginners at Whitehorse, that trends to the right of the normal route.  You can bail into the trees at many spots on the route, and there's never anyone on it.  Have as long or as short a day as you like.

GO

Offline Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2008, 09:47:04 PM »
Another good one is, I think it's called something like Beginner's Two.  It's a variation on Beginners at Whitehorse, that trends to the right of the normal route.  You can bail into the trees at many spots on the route, and there's never anyone on it.  Have as long or as short a day as you like.

I didn't know that had a name but I've taken people up there at times. it's actually OK if it's dry. the fact that you can easily bail is a really good thing.

--al
Al Hospers

bristolpipe

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2008, 05:31:27 PM »
Another good one is, I think it's called something like Beginner's Two.

As a bit of a climbing historian, I am a bit curious where you first heard this minor variation called "Beginner's Two?"

The original poster needs to specify if they are going to lead or ask someone more experienced to lead.

bristolpipe

« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2008, 05:27:09 PM »
As a bit of a climbing historian, I am a bit curious where you first heard this minor variation called "Beginner's Two?"

Bump

GOclimb

« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2008, 04:35:09 PM »
Sorry, I hadn't noticed your question before. 

I heard of this variation from the Ed Webster Rock Climbs in the White Mountains of New Hampshire.  I took a fledgling climber up once, and I think it was reassuring to her to be on the edge of the treeline.  The day went very well. 

As I said, I'm not sure what the climb is actually called.  I think I'm confusing the name with the JTree climb.  But it's a variation on Beginner's at Whitehorse, and I'm sure the name reflects that.

GO

DLottmann

« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2008, 08:30:29 AM »
I think the guidebook deems it "Beginner's Easy Variation" 5.3 and mentions the protection is not as good as on Beginner's Route 5.4-5.5

docn

« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2008, 02:19:43 PM »
I haven't been out much lately. But I did manage to get out the other day with my eleven year old daughter. We had a great time on the right side of Jimmy Cliff at Rumney. Great views and belays. I would reccomend these three routes to anyone. It's not very often you can find three fun routes below 5.4 right next to one another.

juanpaab

« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2008, 04:55:40 PM »
Maybe i didnt see but what grades are you looking for.  If your looking for stuff in the 5.6 to 5.8 range try out Lost Horizon(Beta can be found in the routes section)  there are a couple really fun interesting routes right when you walk up to the cliff.  They are only single pitch however and the anchors are bolted and will help you get used to the feeling at the anchor, as well as a good place to learn to set gear.

JG