NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dedication route description?  (Read 126 times)

dogboy

• NEClimbs God
  • What?
Dedication route description?
« on: May 12, 2003, 10:35:37 AM »

Anybody have a good description of where the 3rd (second off the tree ledge) pitch of Dedication on Humphrey's goes?  We did it this weekend...the first pitch was easy and obvious, second not so obvious and definitely "R"...then I got lost on the third.  I went up the corrner next to the belay ledge, stepped left, traversed left about 10', and ended up totally lost.  After fooling around for what seemed like hours, I finally ended up going sort of straight up, past a layback flake to an old pin, and then making a very mossy, scary and poorly protected traverse for about 30'.  The climbing seemed to about about 5.9, very mossy, with little to no pro.  Webster's description of the route is vague at best.  Anyone have a better one?  BTW...the gear belay at the end of the second pitch really sucks...the little pillar you belay behind is loose and ready to come off.
Everybody wants to go to heaven, but no one wants to die.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 22 queries.