Author Topic: A Way in The Wilderness?  (Read 486 times)

Offline tradmanclimbz

• NEClimbs God
  • Nick Goldsmith
A Way in The Wilderness?
« on: January 25, 2007, 11:46:26 AM »
Any news on weather or not it is in??????? Thanks Much, Nick

Offline Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
Re: A Way in The Wilderness?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 04:35:41 PM »
it was in a couple days ago but there was rockfall happening above so wasn't climbed. probably OK now.

--al
Al Hospers

DWarriner

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2007, 12:23:52 PM »
As of Friday (1/26) I thought it looked realtively thin from the road compared to other years.   That's just me though.

-David

ice_fanatic

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2007, 11:02:00 PM »
It was climbed by two parties on Sunday. It did not appear to have been done on Sat.

It was tough to tell how the bottom section was from the road, but the upper part looked great through binocs. From what I can tell from the photos I've seen in the guide books it was thin, but not compared to shots that I've seen on this and other sites. It had to be climbed with a delicate hand, but overall it was not too bad. I placed 6-8 screws and tied of a column or two. Not sure about rockfall, but plenty of ice coming down above the route when the sun came out, go early or plan to get bombarded!

I'll post a shot or two when I get a chance. I am quite happy to have done this route, it was on my list when I moved out West 10 years ago so it was a long wait. Beautiful climb only wished it was longer!

Dan