Author Topic: Drug growers probably hate climbers too  (Read 199 times)

Offline jsaccenti

• NEClimbs Newbie
    • www.cranburypress.com
Drug growers probably hate climbers too
« on: June 04, 2003, 09:07:17 AM »
Look out. Mexican drug lords might shoot you if they catch you out for a hike. I say throw them the hell out, shoot them or find out where their families live and arrest them.

It's a long link, I know, but it goes to New York Newsday, so its safe.

http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/nation/ny-uspark183300543may25,0,1303923.story?coll=ny-nationalnews-print<br%20/>

« Last Edit: June 04, 2003, 09:09:25 AM by jsaccenti »

Offline bumpkin

• NEClimbs Full Member
  • Christopher S-G
Re: Drug growers probably hate climbers too
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2003, 10:02:30 AM »

Illustrates the problem with having marijuana illegal dontcha think....

Offline Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2003, 06:01:43 PM »
reminds me of coming across stills hidden out in the hills of North Georgia when I was a kid. not something you'd want to do. you just might disappear...

Al
Al Hospers

web hosting, design and software programming:
 http://www.cambersoft.com

rasta

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2003, 06:07:31 AM »
Frist off I think there are a lot of grows and climbers that get along quite well. Second,LEGALIZE THE HERB! VOTE TO LEGALIZE. Drug laws are bullshit, especially New Hampshire drug laws. Marijuana has never been proven to cause one case of pulmanory carsinoma. How can alcohol and cigs be legal and herb not. Discrimination in America still exists.

Offline jsaccenti

• NEClimbs Newbie
    • www.cranburypress.com
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2003, 06:46:47 AM »
Right, that will solve everything. A short, sweet and simple solution to everything.
But, once you leave magicland, there are drug dealers who are threatening tourists in American parks. They have guns and booby traps and are having shoot-outs with park rangers. I guess the cartel out there feels discriminated against. No telling what they'll do. Poor downtrodden drug dealers.
Don't really want to get into the legalization thing. This is just something, for some reason, that pissed me off.
>:(
« Last Edit: June 05, 2003, 07:41:19 AM by jsaccenti »

Fight For your Rights

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2003, 12:17:21 PM »
Please let me enlighten you. :) If herb was legal (like it is in Europe say) and Americans had the freedom of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness, to grow herb in their own gardens, to smoke in their own homes if they wanted, the cartels would exist nor would these problems refered to in your article. ;)
So next time your enjoying the freedom of drinking a beer or buying a round, just think about how there are tens of millions of Americans who would like the same freedom to light up a spliff next too and be treated as a fellow human being and relax in the same way. Our freedom of drinking was once illegal remember.  Until that time that herb does become legal, people that enjoy the herb will keep with the American tradition of fighting for our freedom and be willing to take costs of doing so.

So if your pissed you should not be so prude and partake. You just might feel happy and be wise. :D

Offline jsaccenti

• NEClimbs Newbie
    • www.cranburypress.com
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2003, 01:29:53 PM »
Thanks for the enlightenment. I'll be sure to remember you next time I'm in a bar, or smoking a fatty.

So what your saying is, its OK for drug runners to run around with guns in our parks because pot is illegal and some of us think it shouldn't be? You're right. Let's just wait until they legalize it before doing something. Shouldn't be too long now.

Dude, its one thing to light up, its another to point guns at hikers and park rangers. Not cool. They ain't freedom fighters.

Johnny the blunt smoking prude

Offline CPower

• NEClimbs Newbie
  • BE THE BUNNY!
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2003, 06:32:31 PM »
 Actually, not to deminutize the impact o this "theological" debate, I've met many a hiker and ranger i'd point a gun at, if
not just to get em' ta shut up. Usually i'm too stoned to get up the nerve though, Hmmmm....
Climb and swat, climb and swat