Author Topic: First Climb!  (Read 358 times)

Offline Leighton_C

• NEClimbs Newbie
First Climb!
« on: March 22, 2007, 11:18:24 am »
I just got back from my first Ice Climbing experience, and it was unbelievable.  I can't believe I waited until I turned 25 before I ever tried it.  I went to the Frankinstein Cliffs in NH...as most of you know a very beautiful place.  The guide started us out climbing part of pegasus, at first I was like "what the hell".  But soon the fear turned into the most FUN I've ever had in my life.  The second day we climbed to the top of standard  and then we finished the day by climbing the waterfall.  I think I did pretty well for my first time and cant wait to improve.  Im from Bangor, ME and I cant wait to go back.  Im already planning my Trips for next year, which will be several times.  I would also like to try some rock climbing this summer.  I want to thank Acadia Mountain Guides and Silas Rossi (guide) for a great weekend.

Offline bluesnpolitics

• NEClimbs Full Member
Re: First Climb!
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2007, 11:22:27 pm »
Ice before rock! I only know one other person who started that way (their experience was somewhat different). Glad you enjoyed it. Pegasus and Standard are certainly significant routes for a beginner. Definitely go rock climbing. I personally prefer ice climbing due to the winter environment, but rock climbing itself is more fun (just my opinion). Enjoy the vertical world!

Offline joane

• NEClimbs Junior Member
Re: First Climb!
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2007, 04:14:05 pm »
Congratulations, glad to hear that you  had a successful experience!
Best wishes for  more good climbs!