NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tick Lists- Good or Bad?  (Read 274 times)

bag11s

• NEClimbs Full Member
Re: Tick Lists- Good or Bad?
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2007, 06:13:57 PM »

gags- this is late I know, but going back to your march 28 comment.

I never found any problem with what you are saying- that I will have difficulty finding partners. Maybe I am fortunate to climb with all kinds of people- some partners who climb way harder than I and some partners who are just now beginning to climb, and every type in between- like you said earlier the idea is to have as much fun as possible. In sport climbing, I know from a lot of great climbing days that a rollicking good time can be had by every one in the group, even if during the day I work on something from my list.

On trad multi-pitch routes, however, its most fun for both partners to have similar strengths and motivations anyway. A large part of big route climbing fun is rhythm and the meshing of mutual efforts into a hypnotic pacing, usually attained later in the day, after the jitters have worn off, and both climbers are warmed up. 
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 22 queries.