NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rumney, Jimmy Cliff new routes?  (Read 286 times)

DLottmann

Rumney, Jimmy Cliff new routes?
« on: April 01, 2007, 08:22:45 PM »

Atleast newer than the guidebook.  What are the bolted lines in the alcove to the left of Drilling for Dollars?  There are 4 routes to the right of the 5.5 dirty hand crack, two of which we climbed today and enjoyed.

Luceboy

• NEClimbs Full Member
Re: Rumney, Jimmy Cliff new routes?
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2007, 08:11:17 AM »

I think there is one more than listed on the rc.com link.  Starting from the corner there is a 9 then two routes that have very close starts then a completly independent 7 at the end of the cliff...I think.  The ones in the middle with the similar start are both 6 or 7.  Hope that is helpful.
"Not all those that wander are lost." J.R.R. Tolkien

oldmansmith

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 09:46:51 AM »

Here's the draft for that area from the new guidebook (yes, still in progress).  Comments/revisions are welcome.

Ward

11.  Things I Never Learned (5.9) *
6 bolts to LO.   All eyebolts. A tricky boulder problem start (stick-clip helpful), then move right with difficulty to easier face climbing.
 FA: Dave Quinn, 7/04

12.  Things You Should Have Learned in Kindergarten (5.5) **
7 bolts to LO. Aim for the white quartz below the pine tree.  Great climbing at the grade, with beautiful rock.
  FA: Ed Esmond, 5/04

13.   Piece of Cake (5.4) *
9 bolts to LO. Climb a low flake (crux) then up fun climbing above.
 FA: Chris Smith, 6/04

14.  Teacher,s Pet (5.7+)
7 bolts to LO.  Start with hard moves up a shallow groove (stick clip if 5.7 is your limit), then continue on very easy ground.
 FA: Christine Callaghan, 7/04

Luceboy

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2007, 10:04:58 AM »

Any thoughts on when we might see that book Ward?  Mine is held together with a rubber band and has all kinds of hand written notes all over the place.  I would love to replace it.

Thanks,
Kevin

oldmansmith

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2007, 10:10:13 AM »

It will be out this year, don't know when for sure as I would like to incorporate the new forest service management plan in it.

Did your binding fall apart? If so, you were entitled to a free replacement as the first batch was defective.

Luceboy

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2007, 02:32:29 PM »

Yea the binding is completly trashed...like I said the whole thing is only held together with a rubber band.  I heard about the replacment but never knew where to do that.  Good luck with the book...there is so much new stuff out there now it will be great to have an updated copy.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 22 queries.