Author Topic: Music at the Wildcat Tavern  (Read 317 times)

Offline Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
Music at the Wildcat Tavern
« on: April 10, 2007, 01:19:45 pm »
Well we're between seasons and of course the Northern New Hampshire weather can't seem to make up its mind what it's doing these days. <sigh> The tourists aren't around right now and of course things are a bit on the quiet side out there in the clubs.  What that doesn't mean is that there isn't any good music happening in the Valley. In fact the music scene is alive and well right now. One great example is the Wildcat Tavern and Cold River Vodka Local Artist Series. That means that every Thursday night another great local band will be performing at the Tavern. The next 2 weeks have bands that I'm personally involved in, so here's some info. I hope that you will come by and check them out.

Tony Sarno Trio
Blues guitarist and singer Tony Sarno will be at the Wildcat Tavern this Thursday night, April 12th from 7:30 - 10:30PM. If you like the blues, even a little, this is a show that you shouldn't miss. I have known Tony Sarno since the early-80's when I played in his band in New York for a couple of years. Most recently Tony has focused his considerable talent and energy on the Blues, and it has really paid off. His latest CD, It's A Blues Thing, was recorded in Memphis is available on iTunes and CDBaby. The current band consists of Tony, drummer Jared Steer, and myself. For more info on Tony and his music please check out his web site at www.tonysarno.com.

SoundsClever
Funk band SoundsClever will be at the Wildcat next Thursday, April 19th. We always have a fun night playing for the dancing crowd every where we go. Wherever SoundsClever plays, it's a party. The band features

Carl Iacozili - vocal and guitar
 Jay Lightbown - guitar
 Molly Dore - vocals
 Al Hospers - bass and vocal
 Dan Spofford - drums

We have a lot of gigs coming up this spring so please check out our web site www.soundsclever.com.

Hoot Night
Hoot Night is in full swing these days. I have the very singular honor of MC'ing the festivities every week, and it is an honor that I take very seriously. The music scene is truly back in the Tavern and this great venue is even better than before. My trio with Jay Lightbown on guitar and Pinkerton on drums plays the opening set from 8:30 - 9:15. It has really come together over the past few months, playing everything from jazz to funk to blues to rock. I never know where it's going to go, and that makes it all the more fun. Of course as soon as we finish the scene opens up to any and all performers. You never know who will be around but there are so many good players in the area there is always something good going on. It is a very warm and welcoming musical environment.

I hope to see you there.

--al
Al Hospers