NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Southern NH Top roping  (Read 156 times)

rhodrie

• NEClimbs Newbie
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Southern NH Top roping
« on: June 09, 2003, 07:51:46 AM »

I am planning on taking my kids on their first climbiing trip and I was wondering if there are any good top roping place in the Nashua Area. Thank you,
Rhodri

cguertin

• NEClimbs Newbie
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Southern NH Top roping
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2003, 04:00:15 PM »

If you consider Fitchburg, MA "the Nashua area", then Crow Hill is in the next town. Good, easy setup routes on the Practice Face.

Bill

• NEClimbs Full Member
  • It's All Good, Just Climb!
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2003, 09:00:44 AM »

Pawtuckaway State Park in Nottingham to the east of Manchester has some decent top roping.  The Falcon Guide "Rock Climbing New England" covers Pawtuckaway and Crow Hill in Leominster, MA.  The guide is not comprehensive for these areas but it will get you there and describes the main routes at both areas.
Good luck and have fun.

A Tambone

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2003, 10:30:51 AM »

one note on pawtuckaway in the Summer.  it can become very crowded nowadays.  camps like to have toproping outings there, so you can quickly find yourself swarmed with camp kids and their counselors.   i have seen camp counselors arrive early, and stake claim to entire cliff systems by setting up to 10 top ropes long before the camp kids arrive led by another set of counselors.  personally i find this practice to be selfish and inconsiderate.  you can pretty much count on finding numerous extended passenger vans in the parking area, and if crowds aren't your thing, then you might take this as a sure indicator of the circus going on around the cliffs.

A
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.118 seconds with 22 queries.