Author Topic: Higher Summits Bouldering?  (Read 993 times)

Offline tstorm11

• NEClimbs Junior Member
Higher Summits Bouldering?
« on: May 09, 2007, 06:17:24 PM »
Anyone know of any good bouldering up high in the Presi range?  I know that there is some but can't think of anyplace specific.  i think there is some on Mt Adams.  thanks. ;)

DLottmann

Re: Higher Summits Bouldering?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 08:23:34 PM »
First things that come to mind are the Glen Boulder on the same named trail, visible on a ridge while driving up 16 to Pinkam.  I've heard it has some problems.  The boulder just past Harvard Cabin looks good.  Chocurua probably has some fun stuff.  There really is stuff everywhere up there... but a long way to carry a pad.  I've heard Six Husbands trail is fun so will check that out soon.

benlewis

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2007, 08:24:47 PM »
I think there are some problems on Glen boulder, and yes there is definitely stuff around adams as well random little places on jefferson washington and monroe.  just don't tromp too much tundra...stay on the rocks!

benlewis

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2007, 08:26:21 PM »
whoah Dman, that was two crazy close responses in time and content...and yeah six husbands is cool, but huntington ravine trail is the best

Alfonzo

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2007, 08:28:45 PM »
I bet there is great stuff in a lot of places. I've played on  Mt. Madison, Caps Ridge Trail, Edmands Col, and on Mt. Clay. Edmands Col being the best.

dingobob

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2007, 09:54:28 PM »
King ravine