NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fixed draws (top 2 bolts) of Social Outcast removed?  (Read 964 times)

manboobs

• NEClimbs Newbie
    • Best Site Ever
Re: Fixed draws (top 2 bolts) of Social Outcast removed?
« Reply #90 on: May 31, 2007, 01:50:14 PM »

I wouldn't call it selfish per say. Just lazy. I think Rumny has shown us how a bit of hard work and planning can enable a climbing area to mannage a high number of climber visits without total destruction of the resorce. I love the trail work, anchor replacement and upkeep, parking and bathroom facilitys, reasonably priced pay as you go plan and the  RCAs interaction with the forest service which helps the forest service ballance the needs of climbers with the needs of the land managers. I wouldn't reccomend this approach for all areas but for high traffic  areas some varriations of this approach can be highly bennificial. The things I don't like about Rumny are. Squeeze jobs of dubious quality (anything to get my name in the book)  Bolts on stupidly easy terrain, (even noooooobs should be able to manage short sections of 5.0 terrain unprotected), blatantly bolted gear rts and fixed draws.  It would be nice if Rumny could set the example without the  flaws. 

whatever...don't you climb like 5.0?  how was your mordor trip?
Burt Bronsons Brother and Best Bad Boy

Word to Joe Kinder

Word to your Mother

tersius

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #91 on: June 03, 2007, 11:00:17 AM »

Here here (or is it hear hear ?)
Yes David stowe and tradmanclimbz I agree fixed draws are purely for convenience only, and are an incredible eyesore.  Wouldn't the predator arete look so much cooler without them, instead of looking like a kid's jungle gym? And yes there is a huge difference between redpoint and pinkpoint.  Height is no excuse, just ask Lynn Hill (5'2).  One of the strongest all around climbers I know ( B Libby) has a negative ape factor and is 5' 7" and I have never heard him use it as an excuse.

crazyt

• NEClimbs Full Member
  • whatever
« Reply #92 on: June 03, 2007, 06:52:45 PM »

whatever...don't you climb like 5.0?  how was your mordor trip?

Love the way you prey on those that take themselves to seriously.
25% of our DNA is the same as a banana. Perspective is everything.
work hard, play harder
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 22 queries.