NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Missing pins!  (Read 174 times)

T_Moon

• NEClimbs Senior Member
Re: Missing pins!
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2003, 09:12:05 AM »

According to Handren's Cathedral and Whitehorse book there is a pin at the right hand side of the Launch Pad on Standard Route up Whitehorse.  As of Friday, there was no pin there.  It was easy enough to set up a gear anchor but I am curious whether this pin disappeared recently or whether it has been gone for awhile.

Troy
If you want to get to the peak, you ought to climb without giving it too much thought.

--Nietzsche

Jeff

• NEClimbs God
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2003, 08:37:33 PM »

I'm sure the pin at the right hand end of the Launch Pad has been gone for quite a while -- I can't remember clipping it for several years and I've regularly taught anchor building in that area, before leading off up to the slab climbs above. Jeff

likes to clip safe bolts

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2003, 01:22:48 PM »

<b>An update on the missing pins.  I will answer some questions in order of the posts:</b>

1.)Al - Not a statement - just a thief. So will Dave or Al be coming to my house to get their pins back?

2.)Bryan - Expensive? - maybe     Time Consuming? - no more than 5 minutes to replace, for those of you who have never pounded a pin.

3.)DH - I welcome your shiny new pins.  I will take them too.

4.)Being the culprit - I thought about replacing them, but they are fixed in a crack some 2500 miles away at the moment.  My thinking there being that the pitons will be warm in CA vs. a cold NE winter.  Happy pins are safe pins.  :D

5.)Al - Shit man, where were you when I had my hammer out BORROWING pins.  I never thought about the abundance of pins on REcompense.  Thank you kindly.

6.)Dogboy - This is not the start of a self-rightous campaign.  I simply needed some pitons for a route and I am poor.  If glue is used - the war is on.  That shit is not right!

7.)I did not chop Echo Roof! My friend did.  Had I known  then maybe but, he beat me to it.  Relic Pins are Cool and worth money on Ebay.

8.)I have many lowe balls. Wanna buy'em?

9.)You would never know the condition of a pin from the ground cause you cannot see it to access it.  Therefore, starting up a route that depends on fixed gear should not be taken lightly.  What if the eyehole rotted out?  Are you going to come bitch and cry here?  Fucking wah people.  Pitons are temporary - do not rely on them to save your life.

10.) There are fucking cracks and trees to get an anchor there.  Grow some nuts and make a anchor you wussies.

Afterall,  it only took a couple of weeks for nice new pins to replace the ones I took.  So no harm done.  Like Homer says, "Can't someone else do it?"  I said that once after the theft and sure enough.  

Thanks to all of you who supported my effort and replaced those pins.  You helped me to achieve my goals.  

Pinboy

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2003, 01:53:07 PM »

Dan Bailey strikes again!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.391 seconds with 22 queries.