NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dating Climbers: Good Idea? Bad Idea?  (Read 516 times)

lynniefish

• NEClimbs Newbie
Re: Dating Climbers: Good Idea? Bad Idea?
« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2003, 06:17:01 AM »

oldslab,

i definitely appreciate your perspective, and i'm glad that you found what works for you and your wife. thats great. i think it just comes down to personal choice -- i think Stephie said it well -- different people work in different ways.

for me, i find that i sometimes make better judgements when climbing with the man i love because i know that he trusts me. i know that as a team we are stronger than when we are each alone, and after some scary experiences i know for sure that there is no one else i would rather have by my side. we work through tough, dangerous stuff better together than we would with anyone else.

so thats just how it is for me. have fun doing it the way it works for you.

lynnie

ChristieJo

• NEClimbs Newbie
  • Western Transplant
« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2003, 10:08:00 AM »

My (now) husband and I met climbing, climbed together for years, and now are married.  We definitely enjoy climbing together and do so often.  The wedding cake said "Marriage is always having a good belayer."  We climb well together; he is patient with my not as good leading level, and I can follow anything he is willing to put up.  I will say that we tend to push ourselves more when we are with other climbing partners.  Because of the comfort level that we have with each other, it is alot easier to puss out, be lazy, drink more beer, than with other partners.  So, we don't always climb together, but we sure enjoy doing it when we can.

We did just move to the Lakes Region area, are there any other climbing couples out there that would like to share any secrets, climbing days, etc?  DH, are you in the area. . . I, like your girl, really grow while out leading on my own and would love a female partner, while you boys go off and do the crazy stuff. . .

One more note:  the top of Devil's Tower is a good one too. . .
« Last Edit: November 14, 2003, 10:13:40 AM by ChristieJo »

NorthClimber

• NEClimbs Newbie
  • So they say!
« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2003, 09:47:34 AM »

I personaly enjoy climbing whit my girlfriend  ;D and I dont understand what some guys are saying about having to push yourself less (climbing easier route) when you climb whit your significantother  ???

I've been climbing for more then 10 years now and for the last 5 years my main climbing partner as been my girlfriend.  We both climb at different level but I never felt I had to climb easier route all day so we could spend a beautiful, constructive day climbing.  

In fact, on a typical climbing day we both warm-up on the same climbs and then we each climb on seperate route.  So I can climb some ''hard stuff'' and realy push myself.  And she does the same on her ''hardstuff''.  Sometimes I fell like giving a shot at her route and sometimes she fell like trying mine and most of the time we spend beautiful days climbing together.

I admit that this situation is more problematic if you're doing long route where you have to be sure that the intended route is whitin reach of each member of the party.  But for us it seems that my ''trad-leading-longroute-confident'' level is always a bit lower than my girlfriend seconding level so we have no problems climbing long route together.  

good climbing!

Martin

tradmanclimbz

• NEClimbs God
  • Nick Goldsmith
« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2003, 01:34:55 PM »

8) I couldn't imagine haveing a non climbing girlfriend. I would never  see her. I have been so lucky as my woman of the last 5 years is way better rock climber than I am and my best partner.  I am better on ice so it evens out a bit. I also do all the drilling and cleaning when we are putting up rt's but usualy give her the FFA after the work is all done. It is way cool to be on road trips together and most of the time it is realy good. My tendons do take a beating trying to keep up with her. there have been a few times though when there has been some guy girl crap getting in the way of the climbing. We have  definatly had a few fights while climbing that would never have happened if i was out with the guys. I also get in trouble sometimes simply because she had to work all day while I was out climbing and boozing with the boyze.  You can get blindsided in a hurry when you come home beered up and spraying about what a great day you had when she had a misreable one at work :o

Hangdog

• NEClimbs Newbie
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2003, 05:50:00 AM »

I married my climbing partner two years ago. I proposed on the summit of Cathedral Ledge and we were married there on July 27th at Sunrise. I can't imaigine a better climbing partner!

Word of advice..."Marry your best friend"  ;)

Good luck!

YoYo

• NEClimbs Newbie
  • I love Honney!
« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2003, 07:34:57 AM »

IMHO... dating climbers if already married could get you in serious trouble.

....IMHO...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 22 queries.