NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rumney Trailwork, Forest Service Etc.  (Read 408 times)

calmpost

• NEClimbs Newbie
Re: Rumney Trailwork, Forest Service Etc.
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2007, 08:34:59 PM »

Hey Mark, we just got your email and would welcome you guys to the Calm Post on Saturday.  We think it is a perfect spot for the meeting!
See you Saturday morning for coffee and eggs.
Katy

M_Sprague

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2007, 09:04:17 PM »

Sorry to say I have a wedding to go to on sat. I am very interested in being part and will for sure be at the next one. Mark, can you pitch the Blueberry pancake Idea? I will be at rumney sunday I hope to bump into you guys. I will for sure pass the word for sat.
Mike

It won't take much pitching for people to go for Blueberry pancakes! Will do. I'll let you know what goes on. We will probably have another one soon once we get reorganized and have more information.
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is not a path and leave a trail."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

M_Sprague

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2007, 09:07:13 PM »

Hey Mark, we just got your email and would welcome you guys to the Calm Post on Saturday.  We think it is a perfect spot for the meeting!
See you Saturday morning for coffee and eggs.
Katy

All right! We are on then : Saturday at 6:00PM at the Calm Post. Leave your cars at the parking lot and walk on down.

Thanks folks.

See you there.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 09:11:35 PM by M_Sprague »
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is not a path and leave a trail."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

handjammer

• NEClimbs Junior Member
  • Alan Emery
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2007, 08:28:29 AM »

I'll be there with my son and possibly two others who are interested.
Do what you must do and do it well ... Dylan

tersius

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2007, 07:15:18 PM »

Thanks Mark for the call,  I'll definitely be there. 
Just a quick response to handjammers comments on the parking situation at Rumney;  How many climbers can the place handle, enough is enough.  The last thing we need is to add more parking so that even more pressure will be put on the area.  If the parking lot is full, there's plenty of other great climbing areas in the state.
See you Saturday

mferioli

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2007, 10:28:47 PM »

Thanks for getting that meeting together.  It was great to meet all you guys.  I'm willing to help out with whatever needs getting done.  keep us all up to date with the whats going on with the forest service. 
Also I agree that parking lot expansion would not be a good idea, its great that so many people are getting outside but there should be a line drawn and enforced at some point.  Its great to meet so many new people, but at some point the crowds begin to detract from the atmosphere and put too much pressure on the land.  I do include myself as part of the weekend crowding, but I would also be willing to go somewhere else if the parking was full.  How many people is too many?  Who decides this?  Is this really a problem?  Has it gooten worse over the last several years?  Maybe the Forest Service could record the number of weekend cars and do a study?
Whatever the answers, it sgood to know that there are people out there that care enough about the area to at least think/talk about these things.

By the way, how great is the calm post!  I love that we have a local place to hang/eat/meet and suggest that we support them as best we can.

Mike

handjammer

• NEClimbs Junior Member
  • Alan Emery
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2007, 01:09:26 PM »

I agree with Mike.  It was great to meet all of you.  Thanks go out to the Clam Post Cafe for hosting the meeting.

Since the meeting, I also agree on not trying to expand the parking.  As it now stands, it would be very hard to "police" the parking problem, but it could be done.  It would seem that the NF should take the lead.  I mentioned at the meeting that the NF service has been placing free passes on vehicles that do not display a day pass or parking permit from WMNF.  To me, this is not a good idea ... don't pay and get a free ticket for another day?  Does anyone know the capacity of the two parking lots?

I am also excited to start help around the crag ... doing whatever needs to be done.

Alan

Pharmboy

• NEClimbs Junior Member
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2007, 02:42:40 PM »

Sorry I missed the meeting. 

Glad to help out however I can... starting with sending in my $ to join the RCA. 

Rich
Rich

brianwinslow

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2007, 01:56:53 PM »

Glad to help out however I can... starting with sending in my $ to join the RCA. 

I am also sorry that I missed the meeting, but I am interested in becoming an RCA member.  I was speaking with Mark this weekend about the importance of joining the RCA and I would like to spread the word, but could someone post a step by step process for joining?  Who do we contact and all.  Thanks guys!

Pharmboy

• NEClimbs Junior Member
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2007, 02:44:04 PM »

I am also sorry that I missed the meeting, but I am interested in becoming an RCA member.  I was speaking with Mark this weekend about the importance of joining the RCA and I would like to spread the word, but could someone post a step by step process for joining?  Who do we contact and all.  Thanks guys!

I have been advised that the steps are as follows:

1.  Open can of cheap beer, preferably warm and skunky.
2.  Put on a pair of multi-colored spandex pants, bonus points if flourescent.
3.  Shave all but three chest hairs.
4.  Remove check book from mom's purse.
5.  Write check payable to Rumney Climbers Association for $10
6.  Place check in an envelope, lick and seal envelope.
7.  Address envelope to PO Box 375  Plymouth NH 03264
8.  Place stamp (see your local galaxy post office for current rates) on envelope.
9.  Place envelope in mailbox.
10.  Wait
11.  Drink more beer and dance around an open flame.
12.  Wait some more.
13.  Still waiting...
14.  Take off moldy spandex pants.
15.  Membership card arrives.
16.  Place membership card on shirt.  For bonus points pin your membership card directly to your chest.
17.  Arrive at Rumney and flash 5.4 like no one's business!

If you follow no other steps besides 5-9 you should be ok.  But I would highly encourage you to try step #3, ladies dig an almost clean shaven chest.

Cheers!
Rich

Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2007, 03:13:57 PM »

hey...is that the right address, or your PO box  ::)

--al
Al Hospers

web hosting, design and software programming:
 http://www.cambersoft.com

M_Sprague

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2007, 04:06:48 PM »

See post in "Events and Anouncements" under RCA meeting/membership :)

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

handjammer

• NEClimbs Junior Member
  • Alan Emery
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2007, 04:40:51 PM »

I have been advised that the steps are as follows:

1.  Open can of cheap beer, preferably warm and skunky.
2.  Put on a pair of multi-colored spandex pants, bonus points if flourescent.
3.  Shave all but three chest hairs.
4.  Remove check book from mom's purse.
5.  Write check payable to Rumney Climbers Association for $10
6.  Place check in an envelope, lick and seal envelope.
8.  Place stamp (see your local galaxy post office for current rates) on envelope.
9.  Place envelope in mailbox.
10.  Wait
11.  Drink more beer and dance around an open flame.
12.  Wait some more.
13.  Still waiting...
14.  Take off moldy spandex pants.
15.  Membership card arrives.
16.  Place membership card on shirt.  For bonus points pin your membership card directly to your chest.
17.  Arrive at Rumney and flash 5.4 like no one's business!

If you follow no other steps besides 5-9 you should be ok.  But I would highly encourage you to try step #3, ladies dig an almost clean shaven chest.

Cheers!

Can't you behave Rich?  Dress 'em up but can't take 'em out ... That's what Amy told me!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 23 queries.