Author Topic: Rumney: The G Spot cliff  (Read 1377 times)

Offline Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
Rumney: The G Spot cliff
« on: June 27, 2003, 01:15:46 PM »
I got this from Tim Kemple Sr. this afternoon. As soon as he sends it along I'll post a topo.

Al

--------

The G Spot is the name given to a series of small outcrops located between The Meadows and New Wave Wall at Main Cliff. Currently there are seven new routes.  The easiest access is directly behind the sign board at the Main Cliff parking area.  Follow the colored tape uphill for 5 minutes to the first route: Drip of Fools.

1. Drip of fools 5.9: A bolted boulder problem that has a few cool moves, but is often wet.  F.A. Tim Kemple Sr.

2. Kagels and locks 5.7:  four bolts protect this face climb which starts near a large wet corner, where the approach trail traverses left along a ledge.  F.A. Fred Price

3.Bumpin the Gate 5.7:  Four bolts and a puzzling finish make this a unique route.  (Note this is the climb to the right of the large gulley in the main G Spot amphitheater.) F.A. Dean Wishart.  

4. Layback and Relax 5.10 A/B:  Layback up the obvious  flake system to the left of the large gulley. F.A. Tim Kemple Sr.

5. Drillin in my dreams 5.10 D/11A:  Challenging moves up this face, which is much steeper than it seems.  The clock is running on this one. It is a little spikey, but improving as more people are doing it.  F.A. TK Sr.

6. She Goes both ways 5.8+:  The obvious crack in the center of the  face.  DonÕt be put off if it is wet at the start, all that matters is that the upper crack is dry.  This is a great practice trad route,hence the name.  F.A. Dean Wishart

7. Likken liken 5.11A: This one is  also a bit spikey, but hopefully now that it is no longer a project, more traffic will tenderize it a bit.
Al Hospers

Offline Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
Re: Rumney: The G Spot cliff - topo
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2003, 12:20:07 PM »
here's the topo for the g_spot crag. looks like good fun. thanks to Tim Kemple...

« Last Edit: August 16, 2004, 12:47:23 PM by admin »
Al Hospers